Tobeco Super Tank Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

TXBiker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2014
Center of Texas
I've reached a point to where I don't want to build I need a break I just want to vape and not worry about wick and wire for a little while. I had a goal 1 good cheap sub tank to just fill and vape till the coil dies then just swap coils and go about my business. So last weekend I headed to my B&M to check out a few tanks, compare features and see if they had something that fell into what I wanted and lastly it had to be cheap. There are alot of nice sub tanks out there and most are higher than what I wanted to pay for a tank to be honest. I tried Tobeco's Super Tank when it came out. There were quite a few things that I liked about it and a few I didn't. Fortunately those were out of stock. I happened to be there for a delivery and waited to see what was in the boxes like a little kid. They pulled out a black Super Tank Mini for me to look at. While I was playing around with it they priced it to me for $24. Compared to the Super Tank it looks alot nicer the top isn't finned the air fllow ring has a nice click adjustment from wide open free flow down to what I would compare to my Orchid v4 so there's alot of airflow options. The drip tip and top fill cap are delrin and made one piece which was a negative for me but not a deal breaker. Unscrew the top cap and there are 3 slots to fill through I've been using dropper bottles with no problems or mess, you can pour juice straight from the bottle and not make a mess that's how big the slots are. The rest of the tank is stainless and pyrex. It has a .2 ohm head installed and came with a spare .5 head They are a dual parellel vertical. The Super Tank coils had the ceramic material that it came with but the mini is organic cotton according to Tobeco. I can't confirm that but will in a couple of weeks when I change heads I will tear one down, you can also use Atlantis heads v1 or 2 and Herakles coils. 4 days with max vg dark juice and the coil head and cotton is still clean though. There's no rba deck for this one and again not a deal breaker for me I don't want to build in this one just mindlessly use it. I have RTA's if I ever get bored. The tank is 58mm tall 22mm wide and 4ml capacity. I got it home and struggled to get it apart for cleaning. Everything was screwed down super tight. Fifteen minutes of struggling and I had it in the hot water. After a good cleaning and drying I filled it with a local favorite max vg juice. The .2 coil took alot of priming it seemed like it soaked in 2 droppers full. I started it out at 40w airflow half closed and it wasn't bad, pretty flavorful and decent vapor production. an hour later I bumped it to 50w and could tell a difference. The flavor got alot better but the vapor only got a little thicker. No big deal for me I'm more into flavor. The next day I went to 75w and opened the airflow all the way. The flavor was pretty intense and vapor production jumped big. Tobeco claims 100w on the .2 coil but I'm good at 75w it's a pretty warm dense vape and at half the output of the Sig 150 battery life should still be good, for me anyway. The HE2's are down to 80% since hitting 75w this time yesterday. Anyway if your looking for a cheap beater tank that produces then this one is real hard to beat. Flavor is great and I bet it has alot to do with that stubby chimney. So far it hasn't leaked a drop. I did however have some residue from shutting the airflow down to nothing and chain vaping it for a couple of hours. For me it's a perfect work tank, super easy to fill, thick glass, decent capacity, very flavorful dense vapor, good finish on my black one anyway and perfect threads everywhere. The price was a no brainer and a little online searching can probably be found cheaper than what I paid. The Mini is definately worth considering even though the topcap drip tip is proprietary and there's no rba deck.

V43L1N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
So. MD
Picked one of these up today, the stock coils are disappointing to say the least. Nothing but gurgling, and spitting at 60-70w on the .2. The .5 is slightly better, not as much gurgle, but still getting spitting at 45w.
Checked the seals on the tank, and the coils. Everything is snug.
I've got some Triton Claptons on the way, a couple reviewers have been impressed with them. Will report back when they arrive.

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
I have been on the fence about this tank. I really like it. Top fill and takes atlantis coils. It holds 4ml? not too shabby for a mini tank.

What's up buddy, long time no see. Ain't been on FB much lately (or ECF for that matter), still vaping though.

I just got the super tank mini to par with my IPV D3. Had a quick question for you. Does the bottom section with the air flow ring come apart for cleaning? Or are you just supposed to unscrew the glass tank section and then the coil, then are left with the hole bottom deck & AFC section as one piece?

Old habits make me tear down any tank or RDA and clean it with a tooth brush and dish soap before I can bring myself to use it. But I don't wanna break the dang thing trying to break it down farther than its supposed to go you know. It's got such a small section to grab under the air flow control ring that I wasn't sure if my hands were to big, or if I wasn't supposed to be taking that section apart.

Thanks for the info. How you been these days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread