• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Tonight a special edition of the VapeTeam - A must watch for Canadian vapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoloresB

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Cindy, and her lackey Rachel, quite vehemently refused to accept that CAVR is doing anything of any value. They specifically stated that CAVR is wasting its time and that they want the directors of CAVR to be doing "something of value". they also stated clearly that there is no value in writing letters to correct open statements by said organizations when they are clearly full of inaccurate information and lies or in writing to politicians to try to educate them and bring them onside so that, when we need their support, they will be there to stand on our side...

CAVR, much like CASAA, is NOT a consumer advocacy organization ... At our first Board meeting we decided that what CAVR does do is education and awareness...

Education and awareness...much like AEMSA is for American vapers, perhaps?? AEMSA actually has GUIDELINES for American vendors to go by so they can keep their customers safe. Cindy has basically done your job, and more, with her excellent website.

All you have essentially done as far as I can see it, is to ignore Canadian vapers and their rights to tobacco harm reduction, and bash vendors in the same breath. So now Canadians have two wonderful organizations who toot their own horns for their own personal glory, while everyone else burns in he!!.

Thanks a bunch...for nothing.

Last edited:

Katmandu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
Canada
Education and awareness...much like AEMSA is for American vapers, perhaps?? AEMSA actually has GUIDELINES for American vendors to go by so they can keep their customers safe. Cindy has basically done your job, and more, with her excellent website.

All you have essentially done as far as I can see it, is to ignore Canadian vapers and their rights to tobacco harm reduction, and bash vendors in the same breath. So now Canadians have two wonderful organizations who toot their own horns for their own personal glory, while everyone else burns in he!!.

Thanks a bunch...for nothing.

I am going to paraphrase here a little as others tend to say things a little better than I do sometimes. :)

AEMSA works with US e-liquid manufacturers, consumer advocacy groups and subject matter experts to work for preserving and promoting Tobacco Harm Reduction through the process of volunteer self-regulation of e-liquid manufacturing.

The equivalent for this in Canada is ECTA of which Cindy was a founding member. As with any time you get a group of people together, there were opposing viewpoints on which direction to go and how to get there, so Cindy left ECTA. After much research and work, ECTA created a board in February 2012 and finally launched at Vapecan in August this year with their ISE Guidebook. This guidebook covers relevant regulations for vendors, not just the one for labeling and is similar to AEMSA but geared for Canadian vendors.

CAVR is a Canadian advocacy group that started a few short months ago. As a group they are still in their infancy and are still working on exactly what direction they are going to take to educate and advocate on behalf of Canadian vapers.

Jay categorically stated right up front that he was speaking from personal opinion and NOT as a CAVR representative. Right or wrong, agree or disagree, his views are his own, NOT CAVR's. Disagree with the person, but not the organization that he is a part of.

CAVR's facebook group page is closed to keep out the spammers. However, you are more than welcome to join the group and offer your opinions and insight. Every vaper who joins in is one more Canadian voice to raise awareness.

And before you ask, no, I am not on the board of directors for CAVR, nor am I a part of the core group. I am simply a vaper who has been around a long time now and am absolutely passionate about my Canadian vaping community.

There is a lot of history on the Canadian regulatory debate and some of it has gotten pretty heated at times. It is an issue that a lot of Canadian vapers feel very passionately about and of course when you have a room full of people who all have differing opinions on what needs to be done there is bound to be arguing and frustration. Until Health Canada gets off of their collective butts and decides how to regulate e-cigarettes the debates are going to continue.

DoloresB

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Terribly sorry, Kat. I'm just tired of all the lip service and runaround given to Canadian vapers, who deserve, just as much as the rest of the world, the chance to have tobacco harm reduction as an option, rather than the quit-or-die stance that HC has taken.

I'm tired, too, of all the smokescreens that Canadian vendors put up to hide the fact that they sell nic juice. From what I have seen, there are only 5 (five) vendors in all of Canada that openly sell nic juice, legalitles or not.

I'm new to all of this--only started in late June of this year. I am still trying to find good accurate information about vaping in Canada. I know CAVR is still having growing pains, but it's discouraging when one finds a lock on their FB page. It's good that ECTA has their ISE Guide out there, though it would be really nice to see this document in its entirety. I've been able to find a B&M that I've been able to buy my kit from to get started on my journey (They're located 1-1/2 hours away from me, but that's OK. They have great service, and have helped me get what I need.)

For right now, anyway, I will only buy from vendors that show their nic juices. Hopefully, once the ISE Guide gets to all vendors, more will have the courage to open up their doors.

P.S. Jay may be a behind-the-scenes guy, but he had no right to bash Cindy. She's doing what she feels is right to stay in business.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread