Too good to be true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nwit

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2009
I just ordered 8 5pks of Aspire nautilus Mini 1.8 ohm coils for $27.12 including shipping. That's .68 cents EACH.

The co. is in Hong Kong, and it will take at least 3 weeks for delivery. This is an Ebay store with 799 positive and 10 negative feed backs.

Being a twice a week lotto player, I thought this was a good deal. What are your thoughts?

Davey59

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Monroe WA
Well keep your fingers crossed! I see no problem with buying direct from China, most all vape products were designed and made there.

Re read the add for the usual "style" etc. disclaimers and check authenticity when they arrive and then act accordingly.

Unless I run out and do a desperation buy from eBay I buy all my Kangertech coils direct from China through Ali. Every time they have claimed authentic/genuine they have been.

Done some clones too, real hit and miss.

Side note, many many of my suppliers for vape products tools and guitar stuff are no longer willing to ship to the US.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I just ordered 8 5pks of Aspire Nautilus Mini 1.8 ohm coils for $27.12 including shipping. That's .68 cents EACH.

The co. is in Hong Kong, and it will take at least 3 weeks for delivery. This is an Ebay store with 799 positive and 10 negative feed backs.

Being a twice a week lotto player, I thought this was a good deal. What are your thoughts?
My thoughts are let us know how they are. Likely not authentic but still could be good and great price if they are good.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
My thoughts are let us know how they are. Likely not authentic but still could be good and great price if they are good.
Exactly. Doing a manufacturing run of, say 100,000 pieces and keeping the assembly line open for a few thousand more to sell aftermarket is extremely common in China.

If they are good, I would love to buy a bunch for my wife. Problem is that I want to stockpile a couple hundred for her Nautilus, Kabuki and Triton Mini tanks and I would be awfully p!$$ed if I ended up with a whole crate of duds!

Reactions: David Wolf

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Exactly. Doing a manufacturing run of, say 100,000 pieces and keeping the assembly line open for a few thousand more to sell aftermarket is extremely common in China.

If they are good, I would love to buy a bunch for my wife. Problem is that I want to stockpile a couple hundred for her Nautilus, Kabuki and Triton Mini tanks and I would be awfully p!$$ed if I ended up with a whole crate of duds!
Same here! I got tired of buying coils even at 7.22 or so a pack so hardly using my Nauty, T mini, or kabuki clone.

Reactions: Eskie

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
Yeah me too, but I like both - sometimes I want the convienince of drop in coils.
It is likely my OCD that will not allow for the unknown builders "promise" of quality :p it could be a million reasons and varying weights for any given person on their decision of why they do what they do. While i am OCD and germaphobe(sp) i am by far not typical of either I have my ways but not everything needs to have a way, and i have my conditions that trigger my eww factor like a towel touching a clean bathroom floor is still instantly dirty... but a paper towel touching a couch that a cat steps on doesnt trigger it... logical... hardly but to each their own decisons and reasons. far be it for me to try to imply anybody should do as i do :D simply giving my 2 cents and no i am not saying you are claiming otherwise just throwing this all out there. :D

Reactions: David Wolf

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
It is likely my OCD that will not allow for the unknown builders "promise" of quality :p it could be a million reasons and varying weights for any given person on their decision of why they do what they do. While i am OCD and germaphobe(sp) i am by far not typical of either I have my ways but not everything needs to have a way, and i have my conditions that trigger my eww factor like a towel touching a clean bathroom floor is still instantly dirty... but a paper towel touching a couch that a cat steps on doesnt trigger it... logical... hardly but to each their own decisons and reasons. far be it for me to try to imply anybody should do as i do :D simply giving my 2 cents and no i am not saying you are claiming otherwise just throwing this all out there. :D
Well you won't get any argument from me that a built coil is superior to a drop in :D hey if I pick up my food within 5 seconds of hitting the floor it's still good haha

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
Well you won't get any argument from me that a built coil is superior to a drop in :D
YEa well, what if i say a tank designed SPECIFICALLY to have a buit coil will be better than one that has drop in coils with the rba attachment as a option :D (i hate TFVx's and their types) Sorry but a company that engineers their consumable to be used will never make as good as a rebuildable deck as could be had with their drop in coils... just a fact i wouldnt id give you the option but why would i allow my daily/weekly/monthly check be compromised because i give you the option for something better within the same tank i could sell you 120 bucks a year worth of throw away metal and cotton :D

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Well you won't get any argument from me that a built coil is superior to a drop in :D hey if I pick up my food within 5 seconds of hitting the floor it's still good haha

You do realize with a 5 second rule you only have a 50/50 at best of getting it before the dog does.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread