Too Sweet!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleTap1

Jan 6, 2015
Seattle, WA.
I'm still new to vaping, one week without smoking. I'm determined to make this work this time because a year ago I gave up. Looking back I now realize I had a cheep setup and the juice I was using was horrible.
Having said that, this time I'm starting off with a MVP2 and Kanger Aero tank Mega. Now it's all about finding a few satisfying juices.
Taste is apparently so subjective it's difficult to choose. Having not experienced with more than a few juices I dove in today and bought 3 on recomended buy the girl at the vape store. Thinking that I would lean more toward sweet and fruit flavors, I walked out with "Juice Addict Lady Bug", "ENV P4", and "Space Jam Astro".
So the first hour vaping on Lady Bug had me nauseous by the time I got home from work. I washed out my tank, cleaned everything and filled up with the ENV P4 and was also way to sweet for me. Repeating the process I tried the Astro. Still somewhat sweet with a flower kind of fruit taste, it's my limit. Now I don't know about vanilla and caramel and food types but some of this is way too sweet.

DoubleTap1

Jan 6, 2015
Seattle, WA.
Yes they did and I sampled a few. The trouble was that the first few drags were so different from any thing I had tried I actually liked it. But like most things really sweet, you can only handle so much of it. It started getting me sick feeling like I just ate 2 pounds of strawberry licorice. I can see this is going to take a lot of trial and error.

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Get some nice unflavored juice. I just picked up a bottle the other day, at 50/50 pg/vg. It's beautiful on it's own and as something to cut flavors you find too strong or too sweet with. I've had a bottle of Zeus by Zeus Juice kicking around for months that I never touched because it's too sweet and makes me gag. But I filled my tank half and half and I've gotta say, it's pretty ....ing good!

DoubleTap1

Jan 6, 2015
Seattle, WA.
Get some nice unflavored juice. I just picked up a bottle the other day, at 50/50 pg/vg. It's beautiful on it's own and as something to cut flavors you find too strong or too sweet with. I've had a bottle of Zeus by Zeus Juice kicking around for months that I never touched because it's too sweet and makes me gag. But I filled my tank half and half and I've gotta say, it's pretty ....ing good!

Thanks for the advice, I didn't know that existed. I certainly can see where that would come in handy.
As a Boobie, I've learned a few quick lesions. First and foremost, don’t go crazy buying a bunch of flavors you know nothing about. I’ve discovered that most flavors don’t taste like you may imagine based on the description.
Having said that, I am sure out of the huge order I received there has to be some that should like. As of today I broke into my first bottle of Five Pawns Castle Lawn Reserve. Though I like it and think it may be a good all day juice, I’m not getting all the flavors as described in their brochure, but it is very satisfying. What’s one persons Holy Grail is another’s bottle of cough syrup.

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
DoubleTap1, I think when your senses ( taste / smell ) start coming back in a few more weeks your probably going to change your mind about flavors.
I'm sure you have a plethora of vape lounges around you that would let you sample from hundreds of flavors although you might try flavors you like instead of what they sell the most of.
Ejuice is an upfront cost to get started but seriously check back with that castle long in about 2- 3 weeks......

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
The unflavored thing is a good idea.. But it should be 1 bottle of 100% PG and 1 of 100% VG. I find I need 70-80% PG juice, just to get past the sweetness of the VG. The ONLY reason I use VG at all is to cut the throat hit of the PG. But there's a balance, I have to put up with a bit more burn than I prefer and sometimes a bit too much sugar. I tend to also avoid sugar based flavors, ie fruits, candy and dessert, except as a background flavoring.

Then there's the whole, not all juice can be vaped the same. Some juices work better on a cool coil and some better on a hot coil, some need more or less wick, some taste different based on the wick materials. Then theres the steeping thing.. The whole how long thing is different for every flavor from every maker and sometimes batch to batch.

DoubleTap1

Jan 6, 2015
Seattle, WA.
DoubleTap1, I think when your senses ( taste / smell ) start coming back in a few more weeks your probably going to change your mind about flavors.
I'm sure you have a plethora of vape lounges around you that would let you sample from hundreds of flavors although you might try flavors you like instead of what they sell the most of.
Ejuice is an upfront cost to get started but seriously check back with that castle long in about 2- 3 weeks......

Yep you're right about my sense of taste, and even in just a week it's starting to get better......slowly. What I know for sure is some of those really sweet juices are more like an after drink, where is little might be nice but more will get you sick; for me anyway. That's the way that "Juice Addict Lady Bug" was for me. Hit it a few times it's good, but keep vaping it for a few hours and I was getting sick because it was sooooo sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread