Topping off carto

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfaber11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
england
you could remove the fluffy stuff on the inside with a pair of tweezers be careful not to remove the tube in the middle or it won't work and use it as a dripping atomizer . i do this and get more vapor and they last for a long time. just a suggestion if you have an old one knocking around. i use fllavoureless liquid maybe that's why they last so long.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Since a dry coil is the worst thing that can happen, you can't ever top off too much. A wet coil and relatively thin, clearer juice are the keys to longer carto life in my experience. When the vapor feels a little thinner, it's time to top off (or your battery's dying!). When it's convenient I would do it more often to keep getting the best vapor. The amount depends on how dry it is, so you can just slowly add a couple of drops at a time until is stops absorbing and the top looks like a slushy. Good luck!

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
I never let my cartos get more then half empty. Usually I put my cartos on the bottle of juice with a rubber band and the carto always lasts the life of the bottle of juice. I make sure its capped on both sides when Im not using it.

For my tank cartos I do the same thing but I cut the top off of one of the little rubber caps and slide that down til it covers the hole and them I cap both ends also. Lasts just as long.

I usually have about 10 bottles going at any given time so basically I am keeping the same cartos in use for a month. As long as you don't let them run dry and burn them they should last a good long while.

hvac999

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Before I started using carto tanks, I used cartos. I filled them often and they would die early. I think the packing expands faster if you fill it more. I used to have to change cartos every 2 days at the most. I switched to a small 3.5ml carto tank and the 1st carto is on day 4. Maybe it was just me but I agree with you.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
i've had mine for a while and refilled/topped off countless times and until now haven't had an issue....my question is now today it seems i'm getting a very airy draw....still lots of vaper but just really airy...is this because???

only thing i've done differently is instead of using the drip method or the plunger method i've used a needle to fill....or is this a sign that my cartomizer is finally dying on me?

as for pulling out the filling....yeah I tried that with 2 and both of them I pulled out the metal wires...they seem to be wrapped into the filling....killed 2 cartomizers attempting it lol

my cartomizers seem to be working just really airy...would cleaning them help? or am I at the point of no return and the filler is beyond help? Cuz as said I'm still getting good vape so don't think it's actually the atomizer inside seems to be more the filler is maybe coming apart or something....plenty of fluid as I just filled them last night.

and lol oh yes...I fill, shake like hell and roll it in my hand...let sit for at least 20 minutes....sometimes even while vaping i roll them in my palms to help move the fluid down to the bottom....it really has helped with some that I thought had no fluid in it when there really was fluid it just didn't make it all the way down thus why I tried using a needle this last time so I knew I was filling it from the bottom....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread