The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Topside Lite announced

Discussion in 'Liquid Feed APV Discussion' started by hazozita, Oct 26, 2019.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. hazozita

hazozita Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2013
    Virginia
    A new entry to the Topside squonker family: the Topside Lite. Single battery (I assume 21700) with the ability to convert from a squonker to a conventional mod by swapping out the bottle section, much like the Aegis squonker. Unlike the Aegis, the swapping doesn't appear to require tools.

The menu appears to be the same as the current Topsides so I imagine it has the same board.

The pics below are from TVC's (Brian Herb) FB page. Not a huge fan of the look. Granted, these are not great photos, but it looks very plasticy and not nearly as nice as the original single battery Topside.

toplite1.png toplite2.png toplite3.jpg toplite4.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    Scratching my head over this one. The Topside's whole appeal is the unique top fill setup for the juice. If you remove the squonking section, all you've got left there is a very ordinary mod.

• Agree Agree x 7
  3. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    First, it does look plasticky, which isn't so terrible if it makes the unit much lighter. The shape is also more "traditional" also a plus in making it good for carrying around for out and about (for me a Topside single still isn't a pocket carry). The change to a plain mod is not an asset or liability, just a bit concerning as to whether it compromises the build issue of squonking juice trough 2 90 degree angles. Finally, it has to be be compatible with standard Topside bottle sleds or it's a non-starter to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Zaryk

Zaryk Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    It kind of looks like the battery is accessed through that replaceable door (speculation obviously, I don't see hinge pins at the bottom like the originals have), and if that is the case then I hope that squonk connection between the door and the mod is super solid. If not it could be an issue.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. hazozita

hazozita Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2013
    Virginia
    Vaping with Vic did a first look at the Topside Lite. The video is indexed to the start of when he goes over it at about 1 hour into the video. It's not a review but it does show (sort of) replacing the squonk side with the non-squonk side even though Vic was unable to figure out how to get it done and much of what he was trying is not in-frame.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I hope the bottle to mod connection is better than the Geekvape squonker.
    After using it a week I'm getting some leaking at the connection.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Zaryk

Zaryk Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    The SQ Topside shown before the topside lite in that video looks much more interesting IMO. The topside lite's door to mod connection looks a little weak to me.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    Is that the Aegis squonk? I was leery of it because of that very connection. This is the first I'm hearing of it actually being an issue.

9. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Yes, I haven't heard of anyone else having a problem.
    Seems to be an o-ring issue (not big enough). Of course they don't give any spares.
    I ordered a couple different sizes to try.
    Did do the dental floss trick, which is working so far.
    Might be I just got a undersized ring.
    What's good is you can take it apart and just run it under the faucet to clean.

10. Don29palms

Don29palms Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    The Topside Lite should be called the Topside Cheap Moneygrab

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. QcVaper

QcVaper Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 17, 2017
    Canada/Quebec
    looks cheap on picture for sure, but i could see myself using one of these if they're any good.
    I tend to switch between squonking and dripping in summer/winter and i liked the dual. I would buy the aegis squonk but single 18650 aint enough for me.

12. Rathamar

Rathamar Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 15, 2013
    Mound - Minnesota, USA
    Just a service announcement. Anyone who is thinking you want one of these, Fastteck has the mod only for $42.32 when you use code MAP.

That was enough for me to put one in the cart :w00t: