Status
Not open for further replies.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
A new entry to the Topside squonker family: the Topside Lite. Single battery (I assume 21700) with the ability to convert from a squonker to a conventional mod by swapping out the bottle section, much like the Aegis squonker. Unlike the Aegis, the swapping doesn't appear to require tools.

The menu appears to be the same as the current Topsides so I imagine it has the same board.

The pics below are from TVC's (Brian Herb) FB page. Not a huge fan of the look. Granted, these are not great photos, but it looks very plasticy and not nearly as nice as the original single battery Topside.

toplite1.png
toplite2.png
toplite3.jpg
toplite4.jpg

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
First, it does look plasticky, which isn't so terrible if it makes the unit much lighter. The shape is also more "traditional" also a plus in making it good for carrying around for out and about (for me a Topside single still isn't a pocket carry). The change to a plain mod is not an asset or liability, just a bit concerning as to whether it compromises the build issue of squonking juice trough 2 90 degree angles. Finally, it has to be be compatible with standard Topside bottle sleds or it's a non-starter to me.

• Agree
Reactions: puffon

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
It kind of looks like the battery is accessed through that replaceable door (speculation obviously, I don't see hinge pins at the bottom like the originals have), and if that is the case then I hope that squonk connection between the door and the mod is super solid. If not it could be an issue.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Vaping with Vic did a first look at the Topside Lite. The video is indexed to the start of when he goes over it at about 1 hour into the video. It's not a review but it does show (sort of) replacing the squonk side with the non-squonk side even though Vic was unable to figure out how to get it done and much of what he was trying is not in-frame.

• Agree
Reactions: Izan

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Vaping with Vic did a first look at the Topside Lite. The video is indexed to the start of when he goes over it at about 1 hour into the video. It's not a review but it does show (sort of) replacing the squonk side with the non-squonk side even though Vic was unable to figure out how to get it done and much of what he was trying is not in-frame.

The SQ Topside shown before the topside lite in that video looks much more interesting IMO. The topside lite's door to mod connection looks a little weak to me.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Is that the Aegis squonk? I was leery of it because of that very connection. This is the first I'm hearing of it actually being an issue.
    Yes, I haven't heard of anyone else having a problem.
    Seems to be an o-ring issue (not big enough). Of course they don't give any spares.
    I ordered a couple different sizes to try.
    Did do the dental floss trick, which is working so far.
    Might be I just got a undersized ring.
    What's good is you can take it apart and just run it under the faucet to clean.

• Informative
    Reactions: Eskie
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread