tornado c keeps leaking maybe time to upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rancyide

Feb 25, 2012
colchester
hi guys first time poster long time lurker.
I've given up smoking after 20 years and am using a tornado c that i bought from totally wicked i think it's a cool ecig but i have had some very bad luck with it no matter what i do it always seems to leak.
so I'm thinking maybe time to upgrade to a silver bullet or lava tube and do away with the tornado-c .
anyway my question is... what would you guys recommend as a upgrade for use with cartomisers ect? .

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
Think you are able to use any 510 cartomizers on the ego battery.
It is the tanks that leak, right? Not the batt's!

I just dropped 6 bucks on a stardust tank and like the quality a lot.
It has the ego connector so should fit your batteries fine.(I needed to add the ego adapter on my Provari)
Don't quote me on that though!

Cheers Hitmetwice:vapor::vapor:

Edit...And a BIG Welcome to the jungle(forum)!

Last edited:

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
The Tornado-C is just a rebranded eGo-C. While the C tanks are alittle better than the older eGo T tanks, thats really not saying much. The C tanks are still very finicky and can leak, plus all the eGo tanks dull favor and TH, even when their working correctly.

Can you provide some more info on what your looking for?

The SilverBullet is a really nice solid PV, but it is fairly big, which could be an issue if your planning on carrying it with you when your out.
Do you want something that will allow you to vape at different voltages, like you can do with the SB, depending on what batteries you use, or do you not really care about that?

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
Like I said, your Tornado is really just a rebranded eGo, so its 3.3-3.4V.

At minimal, you could go with something like an E-Power or kGo, which are 3.7V PVs that are very affordable and have very good battery life. I use an E-Power and really like it bc it uses non-proprietary batteries, like the SilverBullet and other mods do. Paired with the Ressurector cartos in a Smoktech 3.5ml tank gives an awesome maintanence free vape, while still having a very portable PV that can easily be carried in your pocket.

If you want to spend more, then really the skies the limit. You could get a fixed voltage mod, a VV mod, or a mod like the SilverBullet/Maxi RoughStack/Bolt which will allow you to vape at 3.7V, 5V, 6V, or 7.4V, depending on which batteries you use in it.
Give some more info on what your looking for and people will be able to give you better recommendations that will fit your needs/wants

SteelJan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2010
Austin, Texas
www.youtube.com
Like the other folks said, it's not your battery that's leaking, it's the tank. I second the Stardust - that's what they are called at Gotvapes, or at vendors like eSmoker they are called "Vision eGo 1.6ml Clearomizer"

If you are thinking of going to a battery mod, consider that you will also be going to handling individual batteries and chargers and having to monitor them while charging as well as giving them consideration when storing these loose powerful batteries when not in the mod. Read and study everything you can, there's a whole battery safety thread here and many other forums, before you go the mod route. Just my opinion.

Here's a video of mine you might want to look at. It's about changing ecig connectors but I start out by explaining why I think it's important given our battery situations these days, so has some battery info you might want to consider:

Happy vaping and congrats for getting off the analogs.

Rancyide

Feb 25, 2012
colchester
thanks for all the replays.
Im inclined to go for a silver bullet I'm a big guy so the size of the vape is not a issue reason i want to go for a totally new setup is the batteries i have don't last long and and i think there at the end of there usefulness.
im a rc car freak so charging and looking after batteries is no problem .
basically I'm looking for a good solid pv tbh the bigger the better (big hands)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread