Total beginner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
Ive been thinking about starting making my own juices, i currently vape on the high VG side of the scale with 0-5mg nicotine.

I have been a chef for the last 15 yrs and I'm currently attending school for a degree in physics minoring in chemistry. That said, i have been wondering how easy it would be to make my own flavorings at home. I was considering making 100%VG with 0 nicotine and using fruitty flavors.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I DIY, Darth. Mostly I do it because I can make my juice < 5 cents/ml. I do not make my own flavors, I buy them. If you go with Flavor Apprentice-- I buy my flavors there-- and get into the wholesale program, you can buy a 4oz bottle of most of them for $6.50. What price make your own? Perhaps it would mean more to you, being a chef, and it's also true I have simple tastes and aren't interested in chasing down the last tiny flavor highlight. I just want tasty, vapable juice I know is well made. And cheap is also a bargain.

Reactions: Darth Omerta

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
I like the idea of having total control over the flavor. I can buy a bottle of say "black cherry" flavoring but at the end of the day not a single black cherry may have been harmed in the production of that juice. Alot of flavor can be extracted from ingredients in the produce section and if i can take control of that element then even better. That said, I would probably start by purchasing flavorings already made. Does Flavor Apprentice ship to Canada?

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Cool thanks! I will definitely begin studying again! Once my flavor extraction reaches a Chefs standard i'll fire a bottle your way :headbang:
Please! I like spice flavors. My three main juices are Cinnamon, Peppermint and Clove :) I know Cinnamon can be extracted because somebody told me so in some other thread...:vapor:

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
Single flavor liquids don't usually do so well. Liquids are usually a little complex. Here is an example of a good e-liquid. This was made by Bill's Magic Vapor. He is a member here and has a lot of good information on his Blog:

Peach Cobbler - All Flavor Apprentice concentrates

Juicy Peach 12%
Graham Cracker (clear) 5%
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream 3%
Sweetner 1%
Brown Sugar 2%
Cinnamon Spice 1%

A lot of trial and error goes into making a good eliquid with many test batches. Hope you do well. You certainly have the background. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread