The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

TPA/PA Waffle troubles

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by Bocephus, Apr 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Bocephus

Bocephus Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2011
    Kansas
    So after hearing so many rave about waffle I tried some from TPA/PA and holy crap its perfumey. I tried 3 different small batches ranging from about 15% down to 10% and can not get rid of the perfumey taste.

I also tried them all about 8 hours after making all the way to over after a week and there is no change for me really. I even tried thinning the batches as well as adding various flavors like some cotton candy(to sweeten)banana creme and caramel(in different combinations)and no combination seemed to do anything.

Any advice would be great but I am about ready to see if anybody would like to trade around 14ML of it for something else. It might just not be my cup of tea along with my DIY inexperience.

2. donnah

donnah Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

My favorite waffles is from tasty vapor. I've read that they use capellas waffle flavor. I have some but havent mixed any yet. Look in the recipes thread,there is someone who uses 15% caPellas waffle. Ive tried tpa waffle recipe but don't love it. Going to mix some soon

3. Soonerfan

Soonerfan Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 3, 2011
    Oklahoma City, OK
    I make my waffle juice using maple syrup, Bavarian cream and vanilla. A little butter is optional because of the danger it presents to vapers' lungs. I mix it using Capella's maple and the other two flavors are TPA. The measurements are Maple 30%, BC 40% and vanilla 30% @ 20 percent flavoring. I have tried the waffle/fr. toast flavors from TPA, Capella's. I think this recipe is better IMO. I got these measurements off the Gourmet Vapor's website and went from there to mix my own. I also add some EM to this. Sometimes I'll tweak this a bit depending on how my tastebuds are working when I mix and add more maple syrup.

4. mikespiked

mikespiked Full Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Derry, NH
    I had ordered some vanilla bean ice cream and french vanilla deluxe from them a while back, and when I got it I thought the same thing; It smelled very perfumey. I didn't bother messing with the flavors after my initial test, and they sat around for a while (weeks, months). I tried mixing some of the french vanilla deluxe after I felt like I really should give it another shot, and wow! It was sooo much better than my original test batch.

I would definitely suggest letting the flavorings sit for a while to get rid of that perfumey smell and test. (Maybe even try leaving the cap off for a day or two)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.