Tracking Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimmy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Just wanted to post on here to see if anyone else has experienced this. I'm looking up my tracking info for an order placed Sunday, it was shipped monday...and it is saying this...

"Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site."

This has never happened to me before, has anyone else had this happen to them? Just want to be sure it's in route, quite literally have a few drops of my beloved outlaw apple left. hahahaa, someone ease my concern:vapor:

K9Luvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 26, 2010
    Hampton, VA
    Kimmy, I think this has been a problem on USPS part for awhile. It wasn't working right last week, either. I was trying to track down 3 V4L shipments, all of them arrived and the USPS site info was never changed from "Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site." either. I currently have 4 items I'm trying to track and get nothing on them, either - 2 from V4L (again ;) and 2 from other places - da nada. I finally decided that I guess I'm gonna just have to be surprised when they show up!

Kimmy

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2009
    Thanks everyone for the reassurance. Was hoping to get it today, but it will prob be here tomorrow. I've noticed (in general) the post office is slowing down. I've had to start mailing my car payment check a week ahead of time because it takes forever to get there. Also, with packages from Amazon, they've been stating they're leaving notes that they attempted to deliver (but there's never a note) (Thank god for tracking that tells me about the supposed note).

I just get worried when I don't see tracking information available.

Tennovan

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    Even though you get a tracking number, I believe the service provided for Priority Mail is actually called "Delivery Confirmation". This basically means that at a minimum you should see when a package was delivered, or attempted to be delivered. The only additional piece of info provided for their true "Tracking" service is when the package was picked up or accepted -- Delivery Confirmation will usually show this too though. Both will also occasionally show a package's location when its en route... though I'm not sure how its decided whether that info is shown or not.

In my experience, about half my packages will show real tracking information and the others simply don't have much (or any) information until it gets here. I also think a mail carrier has to scan the package before delivering it. If he forgets to scan it, that would probably explain why some tracking info never changes even though it was already delivered.

I agree that the USPS is falling apart though. My parents have had the same mailman for as long as I can literally remember, yet I live across town and often have a new mailman every week. Waiting on the mail is now like waiting on the cable company... it'll be here between 10am and 5pm.

plarkinjr

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 4, 2011
    Texas
    www.facebook.com
    Yeah, I recall a couple weeks ago where the tracking number wasn't getting onto the orders. V4L fixed that, and on every order since then (3 or more), I've gotten the same notice from USPS when trying to track the indicated number. I hope the "fix" to put a number back on the receipt didn't mangle the number into one that USPS doesnt recognize.

dedi

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 8, 2010
    Rochester NY
    Just wanted to post on here to see if anyone else has experienced this. I'm looking up my tracking info for an order placed Sunday, it was shipped monday...and it is saying this...

"Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site."

This has never happened to me before, has anyone else had this happen to them? Just want to be sure it's in route, quite literally have a few drops of my beloved outlaw apple left. hahahaa, someone ease my concern:vapor:

This happened on my last order as well.........but received today! yeahhhhhhh It took 5 days rather than the usual three.
    Dedi

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread