Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleTa2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Hi All

I thought i might try some new things...picked up some Deoxit gold (been using Naolox forever) and broke out the KGD a friend sent me a while back. Ive been rocking cellucotton rayon wicks since they came out.

I am running three grands all with Odins. I have a grand with an RM2, but its been resting in the vape case since rocking the Odins. Two of the 3 grands have upgraded contacts and one has a homemade brass pin.

So, I set out to clean up the contacts. Hit them first with a white eraser, then cleaned with IPA, the erased again and cleaned with IPA.. Did both the firing pin and top coil of the spring. Set these aside to dry and followed thesame procedure on all my batteries (6x AW1600 & 1 Samsung 25R)

went back to the grands and added a small drop of Deoxit gold to the firing pins and top coils of springs and set aside to dry. Did the same to each end of each battery.
I thought I read somewhere that you should wipe off excess Deoxit, so I did that. put batteries back in and tested. One grand with New contacts was arcing after the treatment so I repeated all the steps but I didnt wipe off excess deoxit this time. Not arcing anymore.

On to the KGD. I figured I may as well give it a try since I had it and some people in Georgia seem to really like it. It was super easy to make a wick after splitting the pads in half and cutting them in half again. Im only 10 mins into them, but it seems to dry out a little quicker than CC causing me to have to squonk more often. But the favor is equally good with zero cotton taste.

My only worry is that Cellucotton is dirt cheap and KGD doesnt appear to be. Maybe Ill find some on sale....it sure seems to be easier to make consistant wicks with it.

Its good to try new things every now and again!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday, Reoville!
Geo

Last edited:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I have a 1/2 oz tube of Noalox, a 7.5ml bottle of Detoxit Gold Only used the Noalox once long ago, only used the Detoxit a couple of times after I got it... but don't use either at all anymore and have no problems.

CC I no longer use either... it was just another flash in the pan for me that I tried when it was first hyped (like so many others I also do not use anymore). My very long lung hits burn the CC wicks in half too fast. CC does wick faster than KDG though... KDG faster than the other organic cottons I've tried. As said a box of KDG will last a very long time. All I use now days is KDG and RxW.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
The KGD scarcity of the summer appears to have passed. Sephora has had some in stock for the better part of a week and still has some available. Given that a package will prolly last you 2+ years, I'm not surprised the rush is over but I guess it sucks for B&M's looking to sell a single pad for $1.

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA
I Deoxit Gold everything battery dependent including the batteries and chargers.

I almost jumped on the KGD bandwagon but am riding and enjoying my 100 year supply of Rayon also known as C.C.
I don't deep sub ohm so my temperatures are kinda low and never really burn a wick. I like how it's not critical as to how much I run through the coil. They all work unlike my organic cotton days where I had to fuss over too much, not enough to get a good vape. Just keep the wick tails out of the drain hole and I'm good for a couple weeks or more.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I Deoxit Gold everything battery dependent including the batteries and chargers.

I almost jumped on the KGD bandwagon but am riding and enjoying my 100 year supply of Rayon also known as C.C.
I don't deep sub ohm so my temperatures are kinda low and never really burn a wick. I like how it's not critical as to how much I run through the coil. They all work unlike my organic cotton days where I had to fuss over too much, not enough to get a good vape. Just keep the wick tails out of the drain hole and I'm good for a couple weeks or more.

It's one of the reasons I like the KGD cotton so much. It's pretty easy to get consistently good results with it, as opposed to rolled cotton or cotton balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread