• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ttc

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaufisch

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Hey those from Toronto, just wondering, has anyone had issue with the TTC?

Due to that nature of my life and job, I tend to be rather nomadic and spend a lot of time on the TTC. Thankfully, since I've started vaping, the horrible urge to kill has disappeared as I can get my fix whenever I want rather than wait 1.5 hours to the end of my commute.

I've vaped on the subway, on busses, on platforms etc and have not had a single problem in over a month. Granted i don't blow huge plumes of vape all over the place (I semi stealth it without looking like i'm hiding anything), but I was wondering about others' experiences both negative and positive?

There's zero in the TTC by-law stopping us from vaping btw, i checked repeatedly :)

Esharp

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2012
London, Ontario
IMHO - I would keep a low profile on that, it seems that is the approach that you are taking at present. All TTC needs is one complaint and they can easily include vaping in there no smoking policy. And the ANTI's are pushing for that kind policy. They don't see the difference between smoking and vaping. And, if a child sees you doing that, well they will instantly become addicted for life and then some.

I remember going to a concert in Toronto in the 90's after they introduced a smoking bylaw, anyways at the concert I lit up a cigarette and was approached immediately by people to put that out, yet the aroma of other burnings was everywhere (not cigarettes). I thought there was a ripple in the time warp continuance. So I know you have some hard core ANTI's in your fine city. All the facts and figures in favor of vaping won't do you any good if nobody wants to listen. You can tell which ones are the ANTI's, they don't have any ears.

blaufisch

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Yar I hear ya. I keep a low profile simply because I don't like being pestered. I know it only takes one idiot to ruin it for the rest of us. I plan to not be that idiot. Still part of the reason I started vaping I is I HATED nic-fitting while sitting on the endless bloor-danforth line.

I didn't fight for my right to smoke. I will fight for my right to vape.

Esharp

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2012
London, Ontario
I vape at work, but keep a low profile and keep it hidden from most people. We don't have a rule about it at work, but I don't want them to add a rule either. So the idea that you can vape anywhere is a bit of a misnomer. You can till someone complains. It dosen't help when the media here keeps misreporting that e-cigs are banned. Whats a vapor to do?

blaufisch

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2013
Toronto, Canada
That's a good point that I tend to agree with. I want to do what I want and not have anyone bother me. That means either get a rule FOR it or keep it on the down and low so no one makes a rule against it.

Same could be said of vaping anywhere except our nice and cosy homes :)

For now, i'll continue with my polite vaping and see what comes...

Oriana871

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
Toronto
I vape on the TTC but only on the way to and on the subway platform, most often when a train is coming in or going out, and also when waiting at the station for a bus/streetcar. Very low profile, indiscreet. The other day there were a few kids at the station waiting for a bus, smoking cigs AND other stuff ,and no one even approached them - guess no spare authorities were available? I will steal a vape on an empty vehicle the odd time. Since my commute isn't too long it's really not necessary for me to vape that much.

My experience in general is that discreet vaping doesn't turn heads at all, and since there isn't a strong odor, no one flinches. I also try to suss out people around me, wary of those emitting nazi anti-smoking vibes :).

SloHand

Eh?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2011
Kingston, Ontario
I vape on the TTC but only on the way to and on the subway platform, most often when a train is coming in or going out, and also when waiting at the station for a bus/streetcar. Very low profile, indiscreet. The other day there were a few kids at the station waiting for a bus, smoking cigs AND other stuff ,and no one even approached them - guess no spare authorities were available? I will steal a vape on an empty vehicle the odd time. Since my commute isn't too long it's really not necessary for me to vape that much.

My experience in general is that discreet vaping doesn't turn heads at all, and since there isn't a strong odor, no one flinches. I also try to suss out people around me, wary of those emitting nazi anti-smoking vibes :).

I find that sometimes you can vape openly in some situations and no one will take notice because they are just so conditioned to the fact that people don't blow out 'smoke' in certain places that their brains mustn't register it LOL.

Oriana871

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
Toronto
People should be happy we Vape. It helps cover up the smell of urine, feces, vomit and BO usually found on the Bloor Danforth line

Funny, somewhat true. BO, booze breath, the odd homeless person with that familiar smell, some crazy rants occasionally, bad music blaring from crappy ear buds. Those elitists on the Yonge University line always have the newest, cleanest trains.

farmer_bric

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2011
Maberly, ON
Couple months later and still doing it. Zero problems. Still being mildly discreet and not blowing huge plumes of vape. Had one bloke ask me about it out of curiosity. Sure makes those long rides more tolerable, i can tell you.
Agree. Discreetness is the order of the day :)

Even at home, when I am vapiing the iClear30 and blowing out billows of vapour, my wife looks askance at me :( At that point, I pick up the eGo with a stardust and vape away. It really is funny since she is my biggest supporter about vaping rather than smoking, but when there are clouds of vapour she gives me the look :)

blaufisch

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Agree. Discreetness is the order of the day :)

Even at home, when I am vapiing the iClear30 and blowing out billows of vapour, my wife looks askance at me :( At that point, I pick up the eGo with a stardust and vape away. It really is funny since she is my biggest supporter about vaping rather than smoking, but when there are clouds of vapour she gives me the look :)

LOL! oh no not "the look"! My better half has almost no issue except when we are watching a movie. Then I'm pretty sure it was just a stray plume obstructing her vision.

But yes, regardless of situation, general consideration for others is the order of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread