Status
Not open for further replies.

dethnode

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2011
arkansas
So I am looking for a new mod....

This mod is for my wife. She currently uses the smok Stick V8. Unfortunately, I don't know why, lately the batteries she has gotten have not lasted long. They seem to be unable to hold a charge after a couple of months of charging at night and using during the day. She typically uses a rotation of two batteries, charging one for 24 hours and then swapping. When one died, we replaced it. But lately it seems the life of the batteries is becoming shorter as if the replacements are not authentic.

Long story short, she only wants a device like this, that outputs at a consistent rate, with no variable wattage or voltage. One button, tube mod. Here is the kicker, I would like to get a device for her that meets these requirements, but has a removable 18650 battery. Anyone have any ideas?

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
So I am looking for a new mod....

This mod is for my wife. She currently uses the Smok Stick V8. Unfortunately, I don't know why, lately the batteries she has gotten have not lasted long. They seem to be unable to hold a charge after a couple of months of charging at night and using during the day. She typically uses a rotation of two batteries, charging one for 24 hours and then swapping. When one died, we replaced it. But lately it seems the life of the batteries is becoming shorter as if the replacements are not authentic.

Long story short, she only wants a device like this, that outputs at a consistent rate, with no variable wattage or voltage. One button, tube mod. Here is the kicker, I would like to get a device for her that meets these requirements, but has a removable 18650 battery. Anyone have any ideas?
I think this is what you’re looking for, the Uwell Soulkeeper. Plus it takes 18650/20700/21700 so lots of options. Here’s a link: Uwell SOULKEEPER Protected Tube Mod | Box Mods – VaporDNA

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019
that's a rarity i think. cant think other than soulkeeper for sure, if im unserstanding correctly you want . the 21700 should give some energy relief.

havent checked in a while but might be a version the eleaf ijust line.
there's vandyvape trident, but the it's direct voltage (though protected) not constant wattage

btw you mean the smok prince right? v8 is built battery.

edit

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: RuiG and Izan

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
The "outputs at a constant rate" thing is the snag here. Every non adjustable tube mod I have seen (even the Smok stick) uses a direct voltage method. Without some sort of adjustment feature, I just don't think you will find exactly what you are looking for. Maybe a nunchaku 2 would work for you? You would just have to find her preferred wattage on initial set up and you could leave it there and just use it until you swap to a different type of coil.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio

debinnv

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Island Of Misfit Toys
There is the EHPRO Armor. The older one takes a 18650 or a 20700 and the newer ( I think that one is called the Armor Pro) can take up to a 21700. Single button and has protections. I have one of each ( 20700 and 21700 ) They get a lot of use from me.

Here is the 20700 one ( I painted mine all black to cover up the gold letters) :) EHPRO Armor Prime Mod

Looks like efun has it for $18 and fasttech has the 21700 version for $22

Reactions: Falconeer

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019
There is the EHPRO Armor. The older one takes a 18650 or a 20700 and the newer ( I think that one is called the Armor Pro) can take up to a 21700. Single button and has protections. I have one of each ( 20700 and 21700 ) They get a lot of use from me.

Here is the 20700 one ( I painted mine all black to cover up the gold letters) :) EHPRO Armor Prime Mod

Looks like efun has it for $18 and fasttech has the 21700 version for $22

my junderstanding is that they want a regulated, non-variable anything mod, like the average first starter kit only with external battery, not mechs with safety.

debinnv

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Island Of Misfit Toys
my junderstanding is that they want a regulated, non-variable anything mod, like the average first starter kit only with external battery, not mechs with safety.
Oh, my mistake then, sorry, I saw someone mention the soulkeeper. Well, the Nunchaku would probably be better then. I saw that one metioned too. Not a lot out there for reglulated tubes. Wish there were.

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019
Oh, my mistake then, sorry, I saw someone mention the soulkeeper. Well, the Nunchaku would probably be better then. I saw that one metioned too. Not a lot out there for reglulated tubes. Wish there were.

nunchaku is VW-TC-Mech capable. the OP wanted no options; just a fire button at a constant wattage, like the internal battery starter kit stuff_ the problem with the request is finding such a mod with an external battery, like their recently deceased one.

either way, looks like he hasn't checked back for the answers since posting. so, aside from having provided an archival discussion for the next person someone duckduckgoes similar keywords, we're essentially playing Who's Watched More Reviews.

dethnode

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2011
arkansas
Sorry I haven't been able to log back on until today. I actually looked at all of those products, and I think the innokin plexar most closely fits what I was hoping to find. Basically looks like the Smok stick V8 but with a removable battery. I think I am going to get it a try.

Appreciate everyone making several very fitting recommendations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread