Two New Tanks on the Market - What to get? Atlantis 2 vs SMOK VCT Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOdessa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Tampa, Florida
So checking the latest deal sites I frequent, I found 2 new tanks that I am actually excited about and not even going to lie, but even giddy about. I haven't felt this way since the original Atlantis came out.

smok VCT Pro
VCT Pro 100W Tank (w/ 5-pack of coils) [Smok] - Smog Distribution
SMOK-VCT-Pro.jpg

Atlantis 2
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1/10009821/2256400-authentic-aspire-atlantis-2-bvc-sub-ohm
2256400-1.jpg

My Current Sub-ohm tanks with my thoughts on them:
I currently own the following subohm tanks (with my personal pros and cons):
-Kanger Subtank Mini (Not enough vapor production, but flavor is good. I vape it at 23w. Anything higher I get burnt taste)
-Kanger Subtank Original (Tank leaked and extremely bulky, didn't like it at all)
-Joyetech Delta II (I hate the slots on the side of the tank, filling is a pain in the ..., flavor is good though. I vape it around 30w)
-Horizon Arctic (Airflow isn't as good as I thought. Honestly used it once and retired it because of the airflow)
-Sense Herakles (It must be ran at atleast 48w to get it performing well. I usually set it at 55w. Vapor is too warm for my taste. The whistling on inhale is extremely annoying)
-Aspire Atlantis (My current favorite tank. Inhale is nice and quiet and the vapor production is nice. Airflow is nice. I run at 32w which is my sweet spot)

Out of all the tanks I own, The Aspire Atlantis with 5ML extender tank is used 98% of the time for me.

I run all these tanks on a IPV Mini II. Specs say that max watts at 70w and fires down to .2 ohms. (I LOVE THIS MOD)

My Dillema:
I've spent so much money on subohm tanks I don't like that I've over buying into all the new sub-ohm tanks on the market. Given the fact that the Atlantis has been so good to me I'm leaning toward the Atlantis II; however, the VCT pro not only looks sexy as well, but has a 5ml juice capacity. I drive 80% of my job so having a nice capacity of juice to vape while traveling is a plus (VCT Pro 5ml capacity versus Atlantis II's 3.5ml). I vape 10-15 ml a day of 3mg juice so I'm constantly hitting it. I also carry 2 spare 18650 batteries with me at all times. I vape 30PG/70VG juice or 20PG/80 juice exclusevely from ITCVapes due to how cost effective they are ($20 for 120ML juice that tastes amazing) and I found their juices keep my coils clean and going strong for a good week if not more under heavy vape conditions. I'm not keen on rebuildables at the moment due to my extremely busy schedule so I like coils that I can replace on the go.

Side Note: I owned a M50 upgraded to 65w and I HATED THIS MOD WITH A PASSION. The fire button sucked and the build was cheap. To replace the 18650 battery I needed a tool. I actually gave this MOD away on the forums here with only making the buyer pay shipping.) This is why I like the IPV Mini series of mods. I can easily swap batteries on the fly and the MOD is extremely affordable for what you get. It's also built like a tank and NEVER had a problem, even with the IPV Mini 30w version and I used the hell out of them.

What I'm looking for
-I love clouds, but I also like flavor. I want the best of both worlds
-I love airy draws so more air flow the better.
-A tank I can actually enjoy as much as the Atlantis with upgraded vapor production but still keeping it around 30-35w to make it run good as anything higher I find the vape to be too warm and unenjoyable.

My Hesitations:
-Atlantis II has only a 3.5ml capacity, but given that Aspire released a 5ml tank for the original Atlantis, I feel they will do the same for the Atlantis II in due time. I will say I love the new airflow design of the drip tip and the coils themselves have 4 holes for airflow at the contact pin versus 2 the original coils had.
-The M50 by Smok gave me a bad taste in my mouth about the company as a whole since the MOD was so horrible. I do like the drip tip airflow control and huge slots for juice on the coil of the VCT Pro (even though I never had dry hit issues on any tanks I have so far except the subtank with OCC coils). Also, on the pictures of the VCT Pro, it seems like it will flow more air.

What should I do?! I may end up buying both tanks, but I just hate having to spend money on tanks I'll never use and end up retiring to sit on the shelf.

I did order a Lemo II to mess around with when bored, but I really want something with replaceable coils as said above.

What would you guys choose if you were me? What would YOU choose and give answers as to why.

Thanks guys!

The Sub-ohm buying struggle is real! I hate wanting the latest and greatest all the time. Sometimes I tell myself "If I like the Atlantis tank so much I have currently, why change it?" But the enthusiast in me says "I want more!'

**Keep in mind I'll be running .5ohm coils as I found I enjoy them the best. Any lower ohms and I'm not happy. I also don't have an issue with battery or juice consumption of these tanks. I have 10 efest batteries at home and 2 I4 chargers to ensure I never am without power.

Last edited:

ronnbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2014
Sawmills, NC, USA
I actually left the sub ohm realm and find out of all my drippers and sub ohm tanks, I was basically in the shock and awe of it. I purchased a lemo and keep a 1.2 ohm build around 18 watts, loving every second of it. Istick 50 watt and a lemo rta have replaced my sig 150 and everything else I own, who would've thunk it lol
As you have discovered, sub-ohm is no longer required for decent vaping. Everyone has there own personal sweet spot, and it does shift and change over time. I just cannot believe the rate at which they put out the next latest and greatest. Its mind boggling.

OP: the do make adjustable airflow drip tips. May be something to look into.

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
As you have discovered, sub-ohm is no longer required for decent vaping. Everyone has there own personal sweet spot, and it does shift and change over time. I just cannot believe the rate at which they put out the next latest and greatest. Its mind boggling.

OP: the do make adjustable airflow drip tips. May be something to look into.
I think these companies have already designed and built the next ten systems and are just releasing them one by one every month or so lol.

ronnbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2014
Sawmills, NC, USA
I think these companies have already designed and built the next ten systems and are just releasing them one by one every month or so lol.
Exactly! For instance I FINALLY got my delta II and subtank mini from a group buy last week and I got an email today from a site that had the full size on sale and the subtank 2 -_- basically it is a bigger version of the mini since you don't need to change out the whole stem for the rba. That was my main reason for buying the mini, since I may want/need to jump to a stock coil if rba is acting up and might not have time to rebuild. The 25mm design is a bit annoying though, I may wind up putting it on my iStick 20W from time to time with the 1.2 ohm OCC or a 1+ ohm rba build, and then my tank would definitely be bigger than the mod -_- It already looks funny enough with the full size nautilus and beauty ring with the adapter (using that so I don't wear out the threads like I have heard some people have done).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread