Two weeks new to vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

spookyelectric

May 30, 2012
Texas
I have smoked cigarettes regularly for the past 13 years, and I finally got tired of the cost to my wallet, health, and how they made me smell. Two weeks ago, I picked up an NJOY kit at a local pharmacy. I got the menthol flavor and I had to get used to it. It tasted a bit plastic-y or somehow chemical in another way. I have definitely been enjoying the return of my sense of taste and smell, and I've been breathing easier. I have only had one 'analog' in the past two weeks (my battery died while I was out so I bummed one from a friend) My other problem with NJOY (besides the fact they only have 2 boring flavors) is I have to buy the $20 cartomizer packs. There are five per pack and I go through about one a day. Well, I was aware that there is an e-cig kiosk at the local mall so I headed over there to check it out. I'm not sure the exact brand of e-cigs they sell, but the salesman and I figured out that the NJOY battery I have works on their cartomizer quite nicely. I bought a pack of their cartos in cherry flavor and also a bottle of 18mg strength vanilla e-liquid. Whatever formula the kiosk carries makes for better vaping in my opinion. The flavors are better, stronger, and there is a lot more vapor than the NJOY ones. I really like being able to refresh a dry carto with the liquid instead of spending a fortune on replacements. And I sort of cheated not having to pay the kiosk's high price for the starter kit because I already had the less expensive NJOY parts. I have placed my first on-line e-liquid order and I'm really looking forward to trying new flavors and learning more about vaping. Spookyelectric

NGIB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2012
Hinesville, GA
Today is 6 weeks smoke free for me so I applaud your efforts. One thing you'll find by reading here is just about any PV that is cigarette sized has serious limitations in power & battery life. For work, I use an eGo 650 mah with Boge LR cartos and it makes a very compact yet very functional setup. At home I use larger units like a Lavatube clone and a 14650 Epower. Spare batteries, cartos, juices, and chargers are a must to prevent the dreaded return to analogs. It takes a bit of an initial investment to get the equipment and the spares but the benefits are priceless...

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
Out in the middle of Nowhere
Thanks for the warm welcome! I have started to see there must be better devices out there. I suppose I'll look into what people like best and then go from there when it's time to get a new one. So excited to try the flavors! Oh and you have a cool avatar, Kay

When you are ready for an upgrade, the KGO or E-Power have good track records around here. Or if you want to jump up to a Variable Voltage APV, there's the Silver Bullet or Provari which are both very good. Whatever you decide to do, I'd suggest you keep what you have as a back-up. You can never have too many back-ups! Oh...and glad you like my avatar...I owe my thanks to jOker for making it wink for me!:D

spookyelectric

May 30, 2012
Texas
Hey Spooky I to am a new guy to this world of vaping also. If your first bottle of juice dosen't work for you buy another, whatever it takes to keep on vaping and not smoking. Cheers my friend
Thanks again to everyone. The people of the vaping community seem very interesting and nice. I have had good results with not craving analogs. For the first few days I had some craving for the quick hit of nic (and the pyromaniac in my me missed the fire!) but I quickly adapted to vapor instead. With the exception of that time where I bummed a cig because my battery ran out, I have not had any nor any real desire to go back to analog. Oh and I purchased an extra battery so that situation doesn't happen again!

spookyelectric

May 30, 2012
Texas
Hah, Kay1959, I somehow hadn't noticed that! Very nice. If you google image search "rainbow smoke" there are a ton of pictures. It's a popular theme it seems...

And to Trackjunkie, I am glad that the NJOY got me into vaping but the liquid in their cartos isn't that great. Inferior flavor and vapor production in my opinion. the upside: it's a cheap and easily available starter kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread