U.S. Customs and e-liquid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

evedampen

Aug 20, 2013
Netherlands
Hi I'm Eve from the Netherlands and am reading a lot here but this is my first post here but I am vaping since April this year.
I have a question. A friend of mine who's living in the U.S. wants to buy some e-liquids for me and bring them over to me next month when he is visiting. I don't want him to get in any kind of trouble with customs and hope you can tell me what he needs to know, what rules there are when exporting e-liquids in his suitcase to Europe.
I hope someone can tell me. I want him to order 4 bottles of 100ml e-liquid.

I would recommend to stop buying e-juice and jump right into DIY. Here is the list of what you need and where to purchase:

nic (stick to 48mg PG which much safer than 100mg)
VG
PG
flavors (my favorite are Energy Drink, Cranberry, Rye 4 tobacco)
eJuice Me Up calculator -eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator
20ml syringes
5ml syringes
1ml syringes
14g, 16g, 18g Needles
30ml bottles (glass bottles)
10ml bottles (for test samples)

You can get all the stuff form wizardlabs.us and so. In the US orders over $75 have free shipping.

evedampen

Aug 20, 2013
Netherlands
Thanks for the replies so far! I ask him to mail them to me but he thought they would never arive here that way, why I don't know. I will jump into DIY soon. Allready am collecting base and syringes and all but I guess I won't succeed at that right away and while experimenting I'd like to continue vaping some nice liquids :) (Avejuice, and they don't ship International and don't respond to questions so it seems).
I looked everywhere for information but can't find it thats why I asked here. The liquids can be sold and bought in the US and same here so maybe there isn't any problem? He is flying directly from Boston to Amsterdam.

Screamin Eagle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Maryland
I don't think there would be any problem shipping them out of this country, it might be on your end where you would face the problem. I don't know what your customs is like as far as mail goes. That would be something you would have to ask around about on your end. If your friend asks the mail system in this country if he can ship it out and you ask if you can recieve it, and it's okayed on both ends then I don't see why there would be any problems.
I just think he might draw some unwarranted attention trying to get 4 120ml bottles of liquid on a plane here in the states.

nicjuice

Jan 6, 2013
Toyama, Japan
There is no problem with the customs, just make sure all the ejuice are in the luggage/check in. No worries! I experience that already when i went to Philippines to Japan. From PH i bought 100ml nic. 1liter of pg 1liter of vg. All items are in my check-in luggage. No problem or question even in JP customs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
US Customs would only be concerned with product arriving in the US.
Netherlands customs would be the actual concern.

You may just need to confirm the you can receive eliquid/nicotine from outside of the EU and what the nicotine max % levels might be.

Flying- 100ml bottle or larger: Checked baggage.

Fyi: eliquid is very similar, ingredients wise, to personal lubricant (scented). :2cool:

Good luck
Have fun
I

kineard

Oct 14, 2013
Panama City, FL
If you are shipping over 4lbs and I do not think you will with a few hundred mls it will be very expensive. Under 4lbs it is inexpensive. $20 for USPS to go to Australia. Is it the same as the Netherlands? I do not know. When we send e liquid we label it as essential oils. It seems all governments have got their panties all up in a wad about e-liquid so we just avoid the subject when shipping. E-Liquid nor Nicotine has not been on a restricted list to any country I have sent to. US, Canada, Australia.

milliways

Supporting Member
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2013
Aix-en-Provence, France
I've brought several 100 ml bottles of 100 mg/ml nicotine back from the US, both through Paris and Amsterdam, and buy juice every time I'm in the US. I've never had a problem, and usually wouldn't be able to find a customs agent to declare them to even if I wanted to :) Make sure to put them in checked luggage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread