Status
Not open for further replies.

autobiogphnation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Chicago
This is a review of some flavors I just received on my order from Uber Vapes. I will give the flavor names, flavoring used (as it appears on the website) and then give my review in a semi-themed matter keeping with the fun of the video game themed flavor names they use, so lets have some fun and imagination!
All flavors have been tested with my eGo-C battery (3.7v) and 2.5 ohm SmokTech 510 wide-bridge dripping atomizer. The reviews are written in the order of which I tested them, determining the order based on aroma; judging by strength and my expectations developed by the aroma, trying to keep close so that the transitions would be smooth. Atomizer was blown out and dry burned in between each flavor, except for drastic changes in flavor, in which I washed and dry burned. 2 drops of liquid used unless otherwise noted.

HP: Watermelon
1-Up: Sour Apple
Ocarina of Lime: Refreshing Lime, Hint of Sour
Belmont's Curse: Raspberry, Orange, Hint of Spice
Power: Regular tobacco Blend, Mint
Courage: Menthol Crystals, tobacco House Blend, Cool Taste
Wisdom: Chocolate, Mint
Darth Vapor: Chocolate, Raspberry

After a long day of work and much excitement and anticipation of my order arriving and of course a grueling drive home in traffic, I was exhausted. But I must try all these flavors. I searched first for the perfect elixir to get be back and out of the funk. Perhaps something with raspberry, my favorite fruit, or chocolate, who doesn't love chocolate? NO. It was right there in front of me waiting like the red potion in my inventory, it was HP, perfect to recover my hit points worn away by the daily grind. The aroma was that of a sweet watermelon. Light in flavor but not to say that it was too light, the name says it WATERmelon- a semi water diluted fruit. It had a slight bubble gum like after taste but it was not strong, nothing that made me think this wasn't watermelon. In the end I felt as if I been drinking a glass of water that had watermelon jolly ranchers dissolved into it. A nice light refreshing flavor to get me ready for what was to come next... (used 3 drops at a time due to flavor being light, tried to see if it would become more bold at all with more saturation).

So I was awake now, or at least my taste buds were. I needed something more to get me back, what better way than an extra life? The smell of 1-up was intoxicating, much like how a apple pie shot at the bar is never a bad idea (sorry if you're not of legal drinking age and dont get how awesome those shots are). But it was that apple smell without all the spices. But sour apple? but generally you think sour apple and you're already thinking green... and to parapphrase Dane Cook, nobody likes green apple jolly ranchers (add in something about stabbing people in the jugular in the parking lot after the show and you have the rest of the dane cook joke, i'm sure you can youtube it if I've lost you).It was one of those you take a drag and you instantly pull back and have to just look at it and wonder what is this? Whatever it was, I wanted more. It was juicy and refreshing, much like a nice cool glass of apple juice. I found a great flavor that had the right amount of sour, but no bitter. A definite "go to" or "all day vape"

I was in a good mood now, the only thing that could keep me going would be playing some Ocarina of Time on the nintendo 64. But I sold my N64 years ago... and although Windwaker had a similar concept in conducting a song, it sure as hell was no ocarina and pressing those C buttons to make magical things happen. Enter Ocarina of Lime. Another light flavor, but the light flavor was picked up by a slight sour that finished sweet. It may not have been as exciting as a ocarina, it still was good enough, reminding me of the subtle lime flavor one would taste when adding a lime to their favorite cola. (sidenote: may mix well with a cola and or rum flavor liquid...)

Now I was curious about a flavor that sounded incredibly interesting, flavors I wouldnt have thought about mixing, which brings me to Belmont's Curse.The aroma was bold but sweet, like a sweet red wine with citrus in the air. The start of the taste was sweet, made me want more. But then it finished with a semi-floral taste. It was an unusual balance. Creative idea but not for me. (washed out after this one to move into the tobacco based flavors)

After a period of rest, I begin my quest for the triforce in the Gerudo Valley for the triforce of Power. The aroma is that of pipe tobacco with the smell of a mint cookie... intriguing but very overpowering... I fear for what dark force may over take the land and emerge from the shadows. The tobacco flavor was never very apparent to me, there was just something and then it turned mint. I've never been a fan of tobacco flavor liquids, but I've never had one that I couldn't take more than 2 drags. Another one, not for me.

Onto my trials for the triforce of courage. The tobacco could be tasted this time. but the mint was much more strong, to the point of a chill to the lips. I never smoked menthols but I would imagine that someone who liked a mild blend of menthol cigarettes would probably like this one. Once again not for me, but not bad.

And of course I make my final mission after acquiring everything necessary for this long epic battle to save the princess, Zelda. The end will leave me with the triforce of Wisdom, one more step to finally be able to defeat the evil Ganon. The aroma like creme de menth, perhaps a thin mint girl scout cookie. The mint was even stronger this time. but it was mint, not menthol like before. A slight sweet taste but very faint in the background. The chocolate taste also faint, but it can be assumed that it blended into the mint and gave it that creaminess taste like a peppermint patty. Again nothing incredibly mind blowing, but it is decent. It is enough to allow me to rescue the princess and conquer the evil Ganon with my might master sword. (washed out after to eliminate the mint taste).

but wait... what is this... no... it cannot be, I sense a great disturbance in the force... oh no it's DARTH VAPOR. By far the flavor I was anticipating the most. chocolate and raspberry, need I say more? Well I wish I could say more. Again it falls short of my expectations, cannot taste the chocolate as much and the raspberry is fairly weak. There is some flavor there but not enough.

I want to add that in the end, despite being a bit disappointed in some of these flavors, I think I will end up reordering some of these that I enjoyed after I finish my sample bottles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread