UMBA Vape Still in Business?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lode

Nov 26, 2013
Amsterdam
(In the mean time after posting all the below I saw on their site that they have a shipping delay due to the unexpected success of their latest promo.)

Hi,
A week ago I tried to order my favorite WTA liquids from UMBA vape again, but when I was about to pay for the order this message appeared:

"There are no shipping methods available for your cart or destination"

I ordered from the Netherlands as always before.

So I emailed their customer service a few times but no reply so far. Even though I send the first email a week ago. (After that I also send a message via the contact form of their site a few days back.)

(When on the UMBA site I get popups now and then saying so and so from (place in the US) ordered such and such so many hours ago. But checking the times some seemed to have ordered hours past midnight, so I wonder about those popups.)

As I don't have that much of their liquids left, I ordered WTA from OM Vapors and a few hours later already got an e-mail saying the order was shipped.

Now I wonder: is UMBA still in business? Has anyone here ordered from them lately?

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
IDK I haven't ordered from Umbavapes in a while. If you don't hear back, I believe I have heard that Umbavapes and Ohm's eliquid are somehow connected? Their WTA wholesale sure seems identical to me.

Ohm's has some really great sales going quite often so it might be worthwhile to check and see if you see any similar WTA eliquids, and they have a vendor thread where they post weekly deals which are inclusive of their WTA line. It may be worth a look, IDK.

Anna

Lode

Nov 26, 2013
Amsterdam
I just received an order from UMBA a week ago. However, my order was not listed when I logged in to my account. So, something is up at UMBA.
Thank you much for your response. Glad to hear you got your order.

I just got another reminder email -the fourth or fifth one this week for the same order- from UMBA saying:

"You left something behind! No worries, we gotcha back!
YOU'VE GOT SOMETHING IN YOUR CART!!
Hey there!
Grabbed your attention? Here’s another chance for you to grab those Umba e-liquids you were eyeing. (etc.)"

The "Here's" is a link which leads to my order on their website. But there it still says besides my orders and the "Continue to payment" button still being grayed out:
"There are no shipping methods available for your cart or destination."

I send my first email asking about this to marketing(at)umbavape.com on the 18th this month, then again on the 22nd to customerservice(at)umbavape.com, and yesterday send a message via their form online.

I hope they are not going out of business, but that they are so busy they haven't had time to respond yet... but this is unusual for sure.

• Optimistic

Lode

Nov 26, 2013
Amsterdam
IDK I haven't ordered from Umbavapes in a while. If you don't hear back, I believe I have heard that Umbavapes and Ohm's Eliquid are somehow connected? Their WTA wholesale sure seems identical to me.

Ohm's has some really great sales going quite often so it might be worthwhile to check and see if you see any similar WTA eliquids, and they have a vendor thread where they post weekly deals which are inclusive of their WTA line. It may be worth a look, IDK.

Anna
Thanks for your response.
Yesterday I ordered again my usual 120 ml 36 mg WTA Unflavored 100% VG from OM Vapors (I add VG to it to bring it down to 6 mg) and a few hours later got this in my mailbox:

"This email confirms that your order was Shipped. (etc)"

I am vaping from OM Vapors as well as from Umba, and the taste of their unflavored WTA is very similar.

But I'm also vaping WTA Chill -menthol- from Umba and OM seems not to have that. The Chill I order with 6 mg full VG and vape it like that to get the full taste of it, as I don't have to bring the mg down adding VG.
But I can live without that also...

Last edited:

Lode

Nov 26, 2013
Amsterdam
PS:
I just noticed that when ordering a product on Umba's site a half round popdown appears at the top of the page with "PLEASY NOTE!", and tapping -or clicking- on that this shows up:

"A NOTE TO OUR CUSTOMERS
WE ARE A SMALL COMPANY EXPERIENCING SHIPPING DELAYS DUE TO THE UNEXPECTED MASSIVE SUCCESS OF OUR MOST RECENT PROMO.
We have decided to continue to run super low prices on awesome e-liquid, but we ask you to stay patient while we work around the clock to process orders.
If you would like to be updated as to when our shipping times have gone back to normal, please enter your email address > [....]
WE APOLOGISE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE AND WOULD LIKE TO OFFER OUR THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND SUPPORT."

I filled in my email address, and this just entered my email box:

"Hi Lode,
Thanks for signing up to get updates from Umba Vape."

Last edited:

Lode

Nov 26, 2013
Amsterdam
Today I received a response from UMBA:

Hi Lodewijk,

I am sorry that you are having issues placing your order. We are currently working to get calculated shipping options on our site so that you can begin placing orders. This may take a couple of weeks to get rolling as we are having technical issues with our site.

Please sign up for our newsletter to receive updates on the situation and to receive sales and giveaway information.

Regards,

Umba Vape staff
My reply:

Thank you for the response.

The site looks so good. I'm surprised there are technical difficulties with it. Someone who obviously knows what he or she is doing made that site.

I hope you get it solved soon. I am inscribed for updates.

In the mean time nearly running out of Umba Pure and Chill I was "forced" to order from OM Vapors. They have no menthol though. So I'll run out of that in a few days.

Kind regards,

Lode
UMBA:

Lode,

Thanks for the compliment. Our designer did a great job getting our banding together. Luckily the site is functioning well, it's just that the modules are malfunctioning the integrate with our shipping system. All should be well shortly, thank you for your repeated business.

Have a great day. :)

Umba Vape Staff

"Patience is a beautiful virtue" my dad once told me... eventually I'll get my new batches of Pure and Chill again. :smokie:

• Love

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
My last order from Umbavape (7/27/18) went through without problems...(delivered 8/1/18)…

I wonder if the problem may have something to do with your being in Amsterdam???

[For me...a 50:50 (approximate) mixture of Tastemaker-WTA-24mg. and The Blends-WTA-12mg. gives the same "WTA pleasure" as Aroma-WTA-24mg...(at one-third the cost)]…

Lode

Nov 26, 2013
Amsterdam
That's what I thought too at first. That they might not be shipping to the EU any longer. But according to their reply today that seems not to be the case.

EU rules are about what is allowed to be sold within the EU. But not about imports. Reason I've always gotten what I ordered abroad. Like gear with 7 ml tank, even though 2 ml tanks max are allowed to be sold in the EU. Same with much lower max mg nicotine content and only tiny size of bottles.

EU politicians in Brussels as usual are thinking they are our parents and we are their little children... :rules:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread