Status
Not open for further replies.

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
This happened to a woman I know in another venue. She's not a member here. She gave permission to use her text and pics. I will paste our chat and pics:

Ok so...when I was in Indiana, my Vmax stopped firing. Everything on the display worked fine, it just wasn't firing. So yesterday, I decided to look into it started tampering with it and stuck a screw driver down inside the Vmax and poked to if anything was loose...I think that was my mistake...then I put the batteries back in, fired and still no fire. So I decided to give up and just say goodbye to my Vmax. When I took the batteries back out, the first, the one that goes in first, went KAPOW and blew up right on my lap. I jumped out of that chair like my crotch was on fire or something...LOL...scared the (EDIT) out of me....and man, the smaoke...OMG...it was pouring out of that battery and sizzling like a firework gone bad....LOL

No the batteries were out of the unit when I poked around. Then I put them back to see if it would fire and it didn't, so I decided to give up. When drop the batteries out of the unit, the first one that goes in first when you're loading it, exploded in my lap. Yes they were freshly charged batteries. Well lets see...I bought the Vmax a few months ago used from a guy that was selling it on the classifieds group...maybe around November?....anyhoo, it worked great until I went to Indiana at the end of January. I was there maybe a week when it stopped firing. These particular batteries were given to me shortly after that from a guy in one of the groups...he sent them to me and told to use nothing but IMR in that device. So that's what I've been using...those IMRs that he sent, which is the one that exploded, and I was also using AW IMRs in it.

Explodedbatt1_zps1f96ec23.png

ExplodedBatt2_zpscb0e2052.png

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Possibly something bad happened when the screwdriver was shoved into the PV. Nothing to do with the specific brand of battery. Near short circuit, upper battery took the brunt, driven unstable, gave up the ghost when it was removed.

An aw or panny imr can off gas just as well as a brand x.

I would be leery of the second battery in the pair, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread