Unforeseen Bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreho

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2009
Maine, US
Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to mention another incentive to those wanting to quit smoking. I guess this is mainly for those animal lovers out there. I've been analog free since September 15, 2009, the same day I received my first e-cig. I've experienced many of the normal benefits of quitting smoking, regaining my sense of smell, feel cleaner, healthier, etc. I've also noticed that my cats actually like me now, heh, not that they didn't before, but now they will sit with me for hours. Before, as soon as I lit an analog, with the first puff, they gave me a nasty squint, and off they ran.
Also in recent years I've lost two cats to cancer, I know its a bit of a leap, but maybe living inside with a 2 1/2 pack a day smoker did contribute to their health problems. Animals are more than twice as likely to acquire the type of cancer they had if they live with a smoker.
Anyway, enough with the guilt, just another reason to vape and quit the nasty analogs.
Good Luck,
dreho and 2 happier cats :pervy:

Moonstruck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2009
Colorado
So sorry to hear about your cats. I noticed that within a week or so after I quit smoking that my little dog stopped wheezing and being so congested all the time. I'm sure it's because there's no longer any smoke in the house.

If I smoked when she was in my lap, she'd always turn her head in the other direction. Now when I vape, she tries to lick my face -- probably trying to find that delicious-smelling stuff that she thinks is food.

Congrats on quitting the analogs. :)

Coriakin

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2009
I've had the same thing happen!
While I didn't smoke indoors near my cat, he would always avoid me like the plague when I came in from smoking an analog. I don't think he liked the way I smelled. Now he's friendlier than ever, often curling up in my lap for hours at a time while I read. I also don't have to shove him off of me every hour so that I can get my nic fix, either.

Welcome to the forums, and to vaping, Dreho! There's a lot of very knowledgeable, charismatic, and downright friendly people here, and I hope you like ECForums as much as I do. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread