Unhappy with Highbrowbacco juices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I'd look for some more tobacco-flavored juices, so I ordered some from Highbrowbacco:
  • French Pipe
  • Cigar
  • Exotic Blend
They didn't have a 3mg option so I went with 6mg. I put it on my usual 3-coil atty. Problems:
  • No throat hit. It's like 1mg juice... I can't chain vape 3mg juice - makes me light-headed, but this 6mg juice has barely detectable nicotine.
  • Little vapor/flavor. The atty heats up until it's uncomfortably hot to the touch. My coils went from freshly cleaned/rewicked to gunked up in about two refills. This is a dripping atty, so we're not talking 6ml tanks here. The coils usually last at least 1 day with other tobacco juices that are known coil-gunkers.
  • Lots of dark gunk accumulated on the inside of atty cap. Seems like juice was boiling instead of vaporising. Date label is from a few days ago, so I assume it was recently mixed.
  • What flavor I do get is star anise (like lemon-scented floor cleaner), no mention of this on product pages as far as I could see. No tobacco. I had requested extra tobacco flavor...
  • Juice bottles are labeled VG. I had requested PG as that is what I usually use.
Did I get a bad batch? Has anyone else had similar experiences from this vendor or any other?

If it's just a bad batch, how would you rate/compare these juices? (I'm looking for feedback primarily from people who like pipe/cigar flavored juices.)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
The reason you have said are the exact reasons I went into making my own juice.
--Got tired of buying juice that taste good one bottle then the next bottle is crap.
--got tired of spending large coin and rolling the dice hoping the juice is good
--relying on someone else to be accurate with their measuring/scaling
--getting substandard, inconsistent flavors from same companies
--not knowing if you got what you paid for...like nic levels
--not knowing if your juice is being made in someone's bathroom or a lab.
--cross-contamination of flavors or cooties when someone else is doing the mixing
--oversweetened commercial juices that have consistency of syrup.
There is a lot of factors that made me switch and still kicking myself for not starting DIY a long time ago. I'm a solid tobacco vaper and my quality of vape has increased 1000 fold since making my own juice...it well worth researching DIY and ditching the vendors for juice buys.

Want 2 Vape and Naturally Extracted Tobacco are very good tobacco juice vendors - never had a bottle I haven't liked. They often include free samples, so I've tried a few dozen flavors between them.

Heather's is good, too, but they are more like dessert tobaccos. They're more sweet than I like so I mix them with other flavors.

But yeah, every time I try a tobacco juice outside those vendors, gross disappointment, for all the reasons you listed. It's almost like "harsh chemical taste" is their attempt at replicating the flavor of tobacco smoking products. Keep thinking I'll find a fourth site that's good, but...the hope is fading.

By DIY, do you mean ordering extracts online and doing your own mixing, or starting from scratch to make your own extracts?

Update: I just tried the Highbrowbacco juices again. After steeping the juices a few days, vapor production and nic content seem better. Flavor is still horrible; all three have star anise in them, so the primary flavor is like lemon-scented floor cleaner. Yuck! And it persists until all parts of the atty are washed. I'll keep the juice on hand in case I run out of everything else but am considering it money wasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread