Unpriming an empiremod 901 w/ Dripshield

Status
Not open for further replies.

MightyWhighty

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2011
San Jose
I recently bought a 901 LR atomizer from empiremods.com and I'm using it with one of their drip shields (not really relevant to this issue) and a 510-901 adapter on my Ego battery.

I'm more than used to getting a primer liquid / taste out of an atomizer, but this is my first 901 atty and it's giving me a lot of trouble getting it to taste right.

When I first took it out of the package I blew out (battery-end down) any liquid that was in there. Then I put 4 drops of e-liquid on the atty and did a few 2 second dry burns. Then I blew the contents out again and repeated. Then I started taking a few puffs without inhaling, then repeated the process. This is what I normally do, perhaps it's wrong.

As a last resort I've also tried soaking it for 10-15 minutes in pure grain alky.

After dripping and blowing over 20 times it still tastes like primer.

Does anyone have any tips for me as to what I did wrong? I have one more left and I don't want to ruin it. Do I treat the 901's differently than a 510 (which is what I'm used to)?

MightyWhighty

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2011
San Jose
I use 901s and I've never had that problem. I usually just blow them out, blow some juice through them and vape. I might get a little primer taste at first but, it doesn't last long. All I can say is that it's not the 901. You might try getting one from a different vendor.

Which vendor do you recommend?

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
Which vendor do you recommend?

Lately I've been getting them in bulk from vaporkings. I think you can buy them individually as well. I've had good results with the Joyes on Liberty Flights and the ones at Ikenvapes are among the best. Ciscos at avidvapor work well but oddly enough they don't fit well on the stealth adapter they sell. I'm using these on a Reo so since it's working, I'm not real interested in trying a different adapter.

MightyWhighty

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2011
San Jose
I use 901s and I've never had that problem. I usually just blow them out, blow some juice through them and vape. I might get a little primer taste at first but, it doesn't last long. All I can say is that it's not the 901. You might try getting one from a different vendor.

Thank you sir!! It was actually just a bad atty, I set up my 2nd one and it works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread