upgrading to a VV

Status
Not open for further replies.

sponga310

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2011
carson, ca
i started off vaping with a reo grande and now i wanna upgrade to a vv possiblely a provari...is this a normal feeling to have? LOL...i already put my reo up for sale and it went pretty fast...kinda regret selling it but all ive heard is awesome things about the provari so im going to give it a try...i love my REO but i guess its time to move on lol...

StotheK

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
Knoxville
www.stevevape.com
i started off vaping with a reo grande and now i wanna upgrade to a vv possiblely a provari...is this a normal feeling to have? LOL...i already put my reo up for sale and it went pretty fast...kinda regret selling it but all ive heard is awesome things about the provari so im going to give it a try...i love my REO but i guess its time to move on lol...

Totally normal :) I'm the opposite though, I have a ProVari and will eventually get a Reo, especially after Vermonster13's post :)

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
I'd suggest looking at RedSkyMods. You keep the REO's bottomfeed and get VV with it. I owned one, but prefer DC cartos and they wouldn't work without an adapter and then it was just funny looking., but if you're used to the REO and want VV, go with an RSM. Built extremely well and conform to your REOs size/shape vs going to a tube mod. Tubes are uncomfortable in my pocket. My $.02

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
Oh, you're normal, LOL. I think that most of us get bitten by the VV bug. I know I have. I don't have a Provari, but I do have this thing for handmade wooden VV mods. If only I were rich!

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
I'd suggest looking at RedSkyMods. You keep the REO's bottomfeed and get VV with it. I owned one, but prefer DC cartos and they wouldn't work without an adapter and then it was just funny looking., but if you're used to the REO and want VV, go with an RSM. Built extremely well and conform to your REOs size/shape vs going to a tube mod. Tubes are uncomfortable in my pocket. My $.02

DCs will run on the circuitry they're putting in the new REOs. Same as the Buzz Pro and Infinity Pro. 15 amp cutoff.

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL

If you are going VV. I think the Provari, Darwin, Buzz Pro, or Monkey Box are great choices. Kalamazoo Vapor Shop either has, or shortly will have some inexpensive VV box mods.

For my tastes... The Provari won. But that's based on my own tastes... not yours.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
thanks for the info guys...im going to purchase a provari this sat...but i still wish i had my reo =(

Use it till the Rio VVs come out then put it on the classifieds, it's a popular PV, you shouldn't loose to much on it and in the mean time you'll be sporting a Provari.

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA

The following will be my opinion I just want to say it up front as everyone here has his/her personal PV/MOD and therefor everyone's opinion will be different.

The provari is a great device I loved mine a lot but at one point I said to myself "the reo had a big + which was the 3-6ml bottle for the convenience factor so I went on the hunt for a VV that works as a bottom fed mod and ended up finding the monkeyboxx. Not only do you get a hand crafted work of art bottom fed VV after using it for a while I came to notice that the draw and the vape experience is just so amazing it beats every other pv by a mile IMO.

Good luck with your search sir

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
ya speaking of the Reo VV any release date? I know Rob made some for himself but did not follow on an actual release date for the public.

There's a stickied thread about them in the REO forum - no firm date yet, sounds like a couple months out. The first ones will be Woodvils.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
DCs will run on the circuitry they're putting in the new REOs. Same as the Buzz Pro and Infinity Pro. 15 amp cutoff.

It would take 22.5 volts through an empty 1.5 ohm dual coil to get to 15 amps.

EDIT: That probably sounded fairly random. I read "run on" as *ruin* for some reason. Aging eyes I guess.

Last edited:

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
Check out the Sweet Vape, it's a VV Bottom Feed. 6ml bottle and uses 2x 14490 batts. Has voltage readout and will do 25watts. For $150 right now. Here's a pic:
minivv2.jpg

Mine should ship this week, can't wait to get it. Brad is great to deal with, I've got one of his Mini Drippers.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...all-things-custom-wood-mods-cases-juices.html

kabonk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
NW Detroit Burbs
Check out the Sweet Vape, it's a VV Bottom Feed. 6ml bottle and uses 2x 14490 batts. Has voltage readout and will do 25watts. For $150 right now. Here's a pic:
minivv2.jpg

Mine should ship this week, can't wait to get it. Brad is great to deal with, I've got one of his Mini Drippers.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...all-things-custom-wood-mods-cases-juices.html

I can't find it on the website and I'm not patient enough to browse though the 870 pages of that thread any clue what page I should start at to see more info about that mod would be great, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread