Urgent: US Air Travel Info Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

No ID

Sep 11, 2017
Sorry to just barge in & not take time to read the wealth of info, but I have a family emergency that's going to require me to fly urgently, I just don't have time to read through the posts to find pertinent info, am pretty panicked, and am in need of spoon-feeding since I'm on serious brain overload

(I'm a new vaper & y'all helped me tremendously about a month ago when I started -- it was going really well until this, but I've quasi-relapsed with smoking analogs with this crisis. I have confidence I can and will get back on track.)

I'm using an EVOD 2, and if I correctly understand what I saw, I must carry the EVOD 2 in the cabin -- is that correct? I think I read to make sure the tank is empty & rinsed -- is that correct? What about my juice -- do I carry that on or should it be in my checked baggage? Is there anything else I need to know?

I don't know what airlines I'll be flying yet except it will start with Alaska Air (that's the only carrier that flies out of here), and I'll connect with something in Seattle to the SF Bay or Sacramento area.

Many TIAs if anyone can help!

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Make sure your carryon is under the seat small vs “legal carryon ” small. Just as the DFL predicted in the 90s when they deregulate air travel again, The seats hav gotten ridiculously tiny, they won’t let you Cary a carryon unless you’re in first class, and the prices have skyrocketed. You can bring a “legal sized” carryon but they’ll just check it anyway.

Reactions: Opinionated

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Not sure what airline you were on, or maybe it was a TINY little plane?
I fly like ever week, and carry 2 items every time - smallest one being a stuffed laptop bag, and the other usually a comparably sized "satchel" full of vape gear mostly, lol.
And not once has anyone said "no carryons" except for connecting flights on 12-seaters where literally they can't FIT a carryon SUITCASE.

I do agree about seats - it should be illegal to charge you for a seat when the width isn't enough for a normal human shoulder-span, and you have to share a 2"-wide arm-rest...

Make sure your carryon is under the seat small vs “legal carryon ” small. Just as the DFL predicted in the 90s when they deregulate air travel again, The seats hav gotten ridiculously tiny, they won’t let you Cary a carryon unless you’re in first class, and the prices have skyrocketed. You can bring a “legal sized” carryon but they’ll just check it anyway.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Not sure what airline you were on, or maybe it was a TINY little plane?
I fly like ever week, and carry 2 items every time - smallest one being a stuffed laptop bag, and the other usually a comparably sized "satchel" full of vape gear mostly, lol.
And not once has anyone said "no carryons" except for connecting flights on 12-seaters where literally they can't FIT a carryon SUITCASE.

I do agree about seats - it should be illegal to charge you for a seat when the width isn't enough for a normal human shoulder-span, and you have to share a 2"-wide arm-rest...
Delta. One plane was 4 seats wide one plane was 5 seats wide. You’re getting away with in because both your bags are under seat size. The “carryon sized” roller bag I got special for the trip was taken away from me at the gate and checked all four flights.

I had to pull out all my vape gear and stuff it in my pockets, which made the miniature seats even more fun.
It may become illegal btw. The airlines are being sued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread