Not open for further replies.

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
I know this has been posted somewhere but I can't find it.. I'm having trouble wrapping my head around using 2 different nic bases.

I have 60mg nic VG and 18mg nic VG

My target nic strength is 18mg

My flavor is about 18% and I use all VG (other than flavoring)

Looking to make, say, 60ml total

How would I figure that out?

Thanks guys.. sorry for posting something that has been answered, but I couldn't figure it out with that ejuice calc I'm using, at least taking my flavoring into account.

Thanks!

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
Do you have any extra bottles that you could mix the 2 in? Equal amounts of 60mg and 18mg would get you 39mg of nic base and you could put that in your ejuice calculator no problem. Plus division is easier than algebra. lol

Oh yeah, good idea! Duhhhh

Spaz, I've got mostly 60mg.. but probably about 150ml of 18mg.. not sure exactly, though.. I just want to use it or I will let it sit forever

I wonder.. should I let the nic mix sit for a while, or will vigorous shaking work ok?

Also, is there an easy way to figure out ratios to use if I didn't want to use any plain VG? Just curious, but not necessary

Last edited:

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
Yeah, if 39 mg/ml will work for you, then I'd just do what glasseye suggested. Keep mixing half and half into whatever bottle you have available, until the 18 mg is gone.

As far as mixing, what I would do is leave a good amount of head space in the bottle (don't fill it up to the tippy top) to leave room for mixing. I'd shake it vigorously, then let it sit for a while. Shake again. Etc... Maybe do that a few times over the course of a day to make sure it is mixed well, then let it sit overnight and mix again before you use it. In vg it's going to take it a while to mix.

bace a flunt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
US
Or you could mix the two together and take the average so you have 1 strength so you don't have to deal with two. Unless you have a massive amount of 18 and not much 60 mixing them together should be plenty concentrated for what you want.

edit- didn't see glasseyes post

x=ml of 18
y= ml of 60

(18x + 60y)/2= your new strength

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
Or you could mix the two together and take the average so you have 1 strength so you don't have to deal with two. Unless you have a massive amount of 18 and not much 60 mixing them together should be plenty concentrated for what you want.

edit- didn't see glasseyes post

x=ml of 18
y= ml of 60

(18x + 60y)/2= your new strength

This is not quite correct. You have to divide by the total number of ml, not 2.

(18x + 60y)/(x + y)

The top of the formula gives you the total number of milligrams of nicotine you have. The bottom gives you total ml. When you divide total mg by total ml, you get the new mg/ml.

:)

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
Thee juice me up calculator under tools select combine nic values. It will allow you to combine three different nic values and show the strengh of the final value given the amounts you have.

Yeah I saw that, which is helpful, I just had a hard time figuring out how to basically only use 60mg and 18mg with 20% flavoring, not having to use plain VG. Really not a big deal, though.. I will probably just end up combining them to get some 39mg (otherwise my 18mg will go to waste, unless I'm vaping no flavor VG nic base!)

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
Yeah I saw that, which is helpful, I just had a hard time figuring out how to basically only use 60mg and 18mg with 20% flavoring, not having to use plain VG. Really not a big deal, though.. I will probably just end up combining them to get some 39mg (otherwise my 18mg will go to waste, unless I'm vaping no flavor VG nic base!)

Combining the two into a new concentration base is really the thing to do, I think. It's the simplest, instead of having to add x ml of 60 mg/ml to your mix and y ml of 18 mg/ml. Just do it all at once and get that 18 ml all used up so you don't have to worry about it anymore.

I could tell you how to set up a recipe that uses both concentrations separately, if you want to do that, but it makes things more complicated than they need to be.

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
Combining the two into a new concentration base is really the thing to do, I think. It's the simplest, instead of having to add x ml of 60 mg/ml to your mix and y ml of 18 mg/ml. Just do it all at once and get that 18 ml all used up so you don't have to worry about it anymore.

I could tell you how to set up a recipe that uses both concentrations separately, if you want to do that, but it makes things more complicated than they need to be.

Yeah absolutely.. I agree. Wasn't sure if there was a calc for it - but I'm fine with just mixing them and getting this 18mg nic base out of my life forever, haha. I don't know why I bought it when my target nic strength is 18mg! When I started I thought flavors would be negligible, but turn out to be like 20% - woops... rookie mistake I guess!

At least it won't go to waste!

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
Okay, I went ahead and did the figuring for this recipe, because I can actually see that it would be convenient to make a recipe where you don't have to add just plain vg.

18 mg/ml nicotine
20% flavor
All vg, except for the flavor
60 ml total

5.1 ml of 60 mg/ml
42.9 ml of 18 mg/ml
12 ml flavor (total flavor)

This gives a nic concentration of ~18, with rounding.

I'll try to come back in a minute with a formula that you can use for other recipes if needed. I have to figure out my chicken scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread