Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Boston, MA
scottesrum.com
I think that PG is affecting me negatively, so I want to mix up some VG-based juice at least for a few days. Up until now I've just been adding a little VG to get more vapor, but now I'm using mixes with 60-70% VG and have some questions.

Has anyone ever used more than one brand of VG and found one to be superior to the others? I'm just wondering if all USP-grade VGs are created equal.

Also, the VG that I have is extremely thick. When squeezing the bottle, it takes 2-3 seconds for each drop to come out. PG in an identical bottle almost sprays out in a stream - I have to be careful not to squeeze too hard. Does anyone thin their VG in the VG bottle? I was thinking about adding some vodka to my bottle so that it's easier to use. Any thoughts on this?

How do you tell if the final product is the right consistency/viscosity? What are the tell-take signs that an e-juice is too thick, or too thin?

Has anyone ever tried to measure the viscosity of their final mix? How would you do that - both loosely and accurately?

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona

RenaissancePuffer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
VG can actually be vaped without thinning it out. The heat from the atomizer will thin it out on it's own and it will vape up quite well.

The problem comes in, as you mentioned trying to get those pesky drops out of a dropper bottle, or refilling carts. You could use 80% VG and 20% distilled water, and get good viscocity.

Most of my DIY mixes are 50% PG e-liquid (which has Glycerin in it to begin with at a low %), 30-40% VG, and 10-20% PG or alcohol based flavorings. The mixtures are quite thick but vape amazingly well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread