UVO Systems Aqua ....I want this badboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ph0kused

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Orange County, CA, USA
It'd be awesome if they made a "M-tank" like for the kayfun. The M-Tank for the Kayfun basically extends the max fluid ml your device can hold.

That's my only gripe with the Aqua, actually I have a few, but I still prefer the Aqua over my KF 3.1

- It'd be nice if they made a 3.5ml tank extender.

- Love the idea of the juice control, but honestly I'd prefer a screw phillips/flathead over spinning the device. That way it's more precise.

Other than that, I'm so happy the ECF community showed me this Rebuildable Tank atomizer. I mean, I love my Patriot RDA, it's what I vape with when I get home, but at work, while driving, while doing stuff, the convenience of having a tank system + adjustable airflow + juice control, native dual coil builds, it's just so nice.

I will say this, just honestly, my 2 cents, I prefer the flavor ever so slightly through my KF 3.1 But I hate that the Kayfun's airflow is so restrictive, and doesn't accommodate lung hitters like myself. You spend $160.00 on a device, you'd think they'd put better airflow.

But for me, the taste between devices is so minor, I'll take the Aqua's versatility and sheer volume of vapor it can produce over the KF 3.1 Anyone who says a KF can produce almost as much vapor as the Aqua clearly hasn't built a proper low resistance setup. The setup on the Aqua is a bit tricky, but then again, the first build I did on the aqua measured out to .4ohms, I got it first try, took 10 minutes to build, and I'm still using the same coils... just new wicks... I did my first build on my Aqua 2 weeks ago, still going strong.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
It'd be awesome if they made a "M-Tank" like for the kayfun. The M-Tank for the Kayfun basically extends the max fluid ml your device can hold.

That's my only gripe with the Aqua, actually I have a few, but I still prefer the Aqua over my KF 3.1

- It'd be nice if they made a 3.5ml tank extender.

- Love the idea of the juice control, but honestly I'd prefer a screw phillips/flathead over spinning the device. That way it's more precise.

Other than that, I'm so happy the ECF community showed me this Rebuildable Tank atomizer. I mean, I love my Patriot RDA, it's what I vape with when I get home, but at work, while driving, while doing stuff, the convenience of having a tank system + adjustable airflow + juice control, native dual coil builds, it's just so nice.

I will say this, just honestly, my 2 cents, I prefer the flavor ever so slightly through my KF 3.1 But I hate that the Kayfun's airflow is so restrictive, and doesn't accommodate lung hitters like myself. You spend $160.00 on a device, you'd think they'd put better airflow.

But for me, the taste between devices is so minor, I'll take the Aqua's versatility and sheer volume of vapor it can produce over the KF 3.1 Anyone who says a KF can produce almost as much vapor as the Aqua clearly hasn't built a proper low resistance setup. The setup on the Aqua is a bit tricky, but then again, the first build I did on the aqua measured out to .4ohms, I got it first try, took 10 minutes to build, and I'm still using the same coils... just new wicks... I did my first build on my Aqua 2 weeks ago, still going strong.

totally agree with everything except one thing. for me, I tinker so I have done loads of different builds in the aqua. even after all those builds I cant match the 10 minute mark. from start to finish, along with actually making the coils, it takes me at least a half hour.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
I think you can use the hybrid connection on your aqua with the stingray. Here's a pic from calivapers.
SzB7qKx.jpg

Yeah, Aqua Stingray Hybrid, that looks suspiciously like my set up, hang on, that is my setup,!!!! lmao. Yeah, if you had read the entire thread, you would of seen that pic a few pages back. Does work hybrid, but looks better with the 510 top cap.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I need some motivation to keep my faith in the Aqua. I've been trying only horizontal dual coils and cotton. Fat wicks, thin wicks, compacted wicks, loose wicks, juice open, juice closed, everywhere in between, air open, air closed, everywhere in between, I pay close attention to vacuum, flipping while opening, rotation of juice control.

I'm still having trouble with it. Everything from flooding to dry hits to quickly dissipating vapor (and batteries ;)). I've watched as many videos as I can find.

I need help here but I don't even know what to address as my question...

Anyone just flat out have problems with this dang thing and what did u do to overcome?

Will try single coil and maybe vertical coils this weekend when my new batts arrive.

hopefully you have worked things out but if not maybe you can pick up a few pointers in this video. not really any new info that hasn't been discussed in this thread but sometimes watching helps some. aqua tank dual coil build - YouTube

ph0kused

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Orange County, CA, USA
totally agree with everything except one thing. for me, I tinker so I have done loads of different builds in the aqua. even after all those builds I cant match the 10 minute mark. from start to finish, along with actually making the coils, it takes me at least a half hour.

I should do a quick video and set a timer... maybe something in my 10 minute process can help yours!

For me & micro coils it's all about preparation and experience... especially with eyeballing out the perfect amount of cotton wick. If you can eyeball the perfect amount of wick, set those aside, have all your tools in front of you, it can greatly improve your time of completion.

ph0kused

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Orange County, CA, USA
I need some motivation to keep my faith in the Aqua. I've been trying only horizontal dual coils and cotton. Fat wicks, thin wicks, compacted wicks, loose wicks, juice open, juice closed, everywhere in between, air open, air closed, everywhere in between, I pay close attention to vacuum, flipping while opening, rotation of juice control.

I'm still having trouble with it. Everything from flooding to dry hits to quickly dissipating vapor (and batteries ;)). I've watched as many videos as I can find.

I need help here but I don't even know what to address as my question...

Anyone just flat out have problems with this dang thing and what did u do to overcome?

Will try single coil and maybe vertical coils this weekend when my new batts arrive.

I'm going to record a video this weekend of a build, I'll post it on this thread - I'll go super slow so you can build along with the video.

I'm going to do dual horizontal micro coils w/ cotton wicks - it's in my opinion, the easiest build starting out.. After you do this build twice, you can then experiment with some other builds.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I should do a quick video and set a timer... maybe something in my 10 minute process can help yours!

For me & micro coils it's all about preparation and experience... especially with eyeballing out the perfect amount of cotton wick. If you can eyeball the perfect amount of wick, set those aside, have all your tools in front of you, it can greatly improve your time of completion.

no doubt prep is key. i guess its how one looks at build time, for me its from a cold start.

player one

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2013
cali
Yes when mounting vertical duals on the Aqua, I use both the bottom mounting sites for each coil, and the top sites for each, so it does look criss cross for sure, using all four mounting sites one for each leg.

Saw a pic of where you mounted the coil legs and tried it with a horizontal build. Definitely easier than only using 2 connection points.
aqua27g.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread