Status
Not open for further replies.

jubiare

Verified Member
Oct 28, 2013
UK
I'd love to try that hemp but do not want to buy a kilo

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Don't tell me about it, it's also $57 shipping to the UK. I might do a coop over there.... I am using cheesecloth at the mo, just for ease of use over cotton.

By the way I pulled the trigger too (for the aqua) eheh, vapedoctor, they seem nice and cheap int shipping.

Last edited:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Did anyone tried filling it like Ithaka can be filled from bottom?
Take chimney and put it in base, turn in upside down a fill up with liquid and then screw it both together still upside down to bottom part?
That way you probably don't need to solve pressure issues and gurgling because when you screw it that way air holes are open.
And maybe this way it can take more liquid.

although I don't own an athaka I think I know what you mean, might have to look into this.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
dice, so you are getting over 3ml into the tank? and this is from stuffing more wick material into the channels? or just more wicking materials overall? I suppose if you have more wicking material overall and then filled the tank and waited for some of the juice to wick up and onto the wick material I can see that it would hold a little more. do you wait until this happens? also dice, on your vert build is your neg lead sandwiched between the deck & nut? or just up a tad between the first small and second large? I cant see this in your pics because the only shot is the positive side of the coil, thanks.

Last edited:

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
No, packing more wick in the channels allows me to fill the tank with the air intake open without flooding. So I can fill the Aqua with the tank 2 full turns above the air intake holes. This gives me an extra 3-4 mm of tank height when filling, and since there is only the stem at that height, this allows me to fill an extra 1.1-1.2 ml. It's like extending the tank by 3.5 mm.

One of the coils on my vertical build has the negative lead between the deck and the large knurl nut and the positive lead between the top small and large knurl nut on the positive post. while the other coil has the positive lead on top of the deck isolator and below the large knurl nut while the negative lead is between the top small and large knurl nut. This make all leads the same length, using both the top and bottom mount sites on each end of the large knurl nut. I use my 18 gauge blunt tip needle as a mounting tool going through the coil and into the air hole, and then mount the bottom legs of each coil at the bottom sites,, then once those are tight and secure, I attach the top lead of the coils underneath the tops small knurl nut. This allows me to get the coil directly inline with the air supply and a straight vertical mount, forcing the air straight up through the center of the coil. Works fraking great!! And makes for a relatively flawless and easy dual vertical mount. I'm on my 5th or 6th tank since my last build and tweaks. Loving it.

Dru_Duns

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2013
Southern California
Wow that's a statement, given I read you have a kayfun and Ithaka too! Can't wait to have mine delivered!

You wont be disappointed its like the Ithaka and Kayfun had a baby, and its perfect for cotton or similar style builds with a excellent performance in low sub-ohm, only real con is no holes in the positive and negative post that would've made life easier when your building dual coil but that about it, now were just waiting for the clear tanks etc... Its bad ...!!

9ball_AJ

On the Snap...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
You wont be disappointed its like the Ithaka and Kayfun had a baby, and its perfect for cotton or similar style builds with a excellent performance in low sub-ohm, only real con is no holes in the positive and negative post that would've made life easier when your building dual coil but that about it, now were just waiting for the clear tanks etc... Its bad ...!!

Are there plans for clear tanks, or is that just a pipe dream?

dirquist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2009
Kent, Wa
So maybe a dumb question. When building a horizontal dual coil can you mount one side at the very bottom connections right on the deck and insulator and the other side in the normal spot up top? I manage but I have a tough time getting both sides to stay put while I snug it down. I was so bummed out watching your video vapdivrr when you magically skipped the only part I really wanted to see. When you guys mount it up does the wire start on the inside and wrap out and around or do you go inside with one coil and outside on the other so when you tighten it moves the wires the same way. Just trying to get some ideas to make this incrementally easier. Ive got it done pretty good but id like it to be quicker.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
So maybe a dumb question. When building a horizontal dual coil can you mount one side at the very bottom connections right on the deck and insulator and the other side in the normal spot up top? I manage but I have a tough time getting both sides to stay put while I snug it down. I was so bummed out watching your video vapdivrr when you magically skipped the only part I really wanted to see. When you guys mount it up does the wire start on the inside and wrap out and around or do you go inside with one coil and outside on the other so when you tighten it moves the wires the same way. Just trying to get some ideas to make this incrementally easier. Ive got it done pretty good but id like it to be quicker.

sorry about that buddy, its just so hard to make those connections on camera, especially given the time restrictions. anyways when I make the vertical coil, each coil is in a different spot on the nuts, so no wire leads from opposite coils touch each other. you can do this with a horizontal coil as well. so yes, you can attach the leads between the deck and first nut, and from the insulator(on the positive side) to the first nut as well. so if you switch around the nuts in the right location on the posts, you can connect the wire leads so that all are in their own spots.

Last edited:

dirquist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2009
Kent, Wa
sorry about that buddy, its just so hard to make those connections on camera, especially given the time restrictions. anyways when I make the vertical coil, each coil is in a different spot on the nuts, so no wire leads from opposite coils touch each other. you can do this with a horizontal coil as well. so yes, you can attach the leads between the deck and first nut, and from the insulator(on the positive side) to the first nut as well. so if you switch around the nuts in the right location on the posts, you can connect the wire leads so that all are in their own spots.

Cool. Ill try that next time then. Any thoughts on how you guys are running the wires when just using the upper connection points. Inside out with both, one or none.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
im either going to have the best wicking k-lite around or a ruined one. I really like the idea of the wick tails being inserted down the sides of the aqua I have decided to mod my k-lite to match. I have taken a 3/32 drill bit and am grooving a channel to accommodate the wick tails just like in the aqua. actually there is a slight vertical groove already in the k-lite, im just enlarging these. as you know these existing channels in the k-lite aren't for the wick tails but just for the juice to rise into. anyways I should have it done by tomorrow. I don't have a drill press so its slow going because you kind of need to just bore this channel by using the side of the drill bit, its working but its slow for sure. will let you know.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Cool. Ill try that next time then. Any thoughts on how you guys are running the wires when just using the upper connection points. Inside out with both, one or none.

when I did make the set up with both coil leads kind of connected together at the same connection point, I personally connected the leads on the inside of the posts on both sides. I think either way is good.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Are there plans for clear tanks, or is that just a pipe dream?

Don't want no glass tank, they break, and since the tank is threaded on both ends it would be troublesome to produce. Prefer all my rba's full metal jacket. It will tell you when it needs filling, you get a pre burned pre dry hit just before the big nasty dry empty hit!!! lmao. Have my Russian and Term-C all in full SS tank mode.

I use 18 gauge blunt tip syringe needles to wrap my coils with, they fit perfectly into the air intake holes, so use them to mount both coils. Mount the bottom lead on both coils first, and then the top leads. This makes for a perfectly aligned vertical mount and nice consistent lead legs. If you don't have 2 needles, a large paperclip will work too!! I leave both mounting molds in the coil and air holes so until all the wire leads an attached a secured tightly, then trim off the excess wire, twist the molds out of the coils, test, pulse, wick, saturate, assemble and fill. Makes for precise builds and setups every time.

When I did a horizontal build, I used the bottom mount sites for one coil, then the top mount sites for the other coil. Worked fine, but since I've pretty much perfected my vertical mount on the Aqua, doubt I'll ever go horizontal on it again. The only thing that would improve the V mount, or any mount on the Aqua, would be slotted post so you could run your wires through and not around the post, and then just tighten them down, hmm, possible mod.

It took me a few builds to understand the increases of the Aqua, but ones I got to know her and listened to her suggestions, we have formed a Vapping Vape Vrealtionship!! She puts out as much as I want, whenever I want with no gurgling grumbles, never spits at me and just hums and purrs like a kitten. Only time she complains is when the tank is almost out of juice, then she just give me a gentle nudge with the warring that if I don't fill her up soon I won't like what comes out of her next. lmao

bapgood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Utah
Thinking about joining in on this craze....but not feeling like forking out the cash right now....so I'm thinking about making the below

It wont have external air adjustment....I will do tubes in the atty like the Taifun GT....just easier for me to make.

23mm OD so I can use a spare Taifun GT clear tank.

bapgood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Utah
Don't know it is a craze, just a damn great rba. Think it's a better value than the Kayfun 3.1, definitely a better performing rba. Trying to keep myself from buying another. Hoping that Hcigar will clone it quickly and won't have to pay as much. lol

I'm not saying its not a great atty.....just that in less than 3 months (if that) I expect there will be something new and hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread