hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    The subject of today’s review is the new Caliburn A2 that was sent to me by Sourcemore for the purpose of providing this hopefully fair and honest review. I have never tried any of the prior versions of the Caliburn so cannot really comment on how they compare. What I can tell you is that the A2 seems to be a really good device and performs well. It’s a small pod device about the same size as the Geekvape K1 or vaporesso Xros. The A2 has a 520mah battery capacity which is a little less than what I was expecting since similar sized devices I have tested have had as much as 1000mah capacity. It does use the PRO-FOCS technology that other uwell devices also use to produce very good flavor. Let’s take a look at a few promotional images and I will give my opinion on it and hopefully keep it short and sweet.

Uwell-Caliburn-A2-Kit-feature.jpg

Uwell-Caliburn-A2-Kit-colors.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* Meshed-H 0.9Ω Pod 2pcs

1* User Manual

1* Caliburn A2 Pod System Kit

Uwell-Caliburn-A2-Kit-package.jpg

upload_2021-9-6_10-36-4.png

SPECIFICATIONS:

Uwell-Caliburn-A2-Kit-specification.jpg

FEATURES:

1. Unique ergonomic design, smooth & comfortable grip

2. Exclusive PRO-FOCS technology, authentic flavor

3. One button system, direct draw or button draw

4. Perfect lip fitting design, made for MTL vapers

5. E-liquid check window, prevent coil burning

6. Adopts Meshed-H 0.9Ω Pod, coil non-replaceable

7. 2ml capacity, top filling & magnetic suction

8. Internal 520mAh battery, max 15W output

Uwell-Caliburn-A2-Kit-component.jpg

Uwell-Caliburn-A2-Kit-design.jpg

Uwell-Caliburn-A2-Kit-draw.jpg

Uwell-Caliburn-A2-Kit-leakproof.jpg

Uwell-Caliburn-A2-Kit-magnetic.jpg

Uwell-Caliburn-A2-Kit-MTL.jpg

Uwell-Caliburn-A2-Kit-tech.jpg

Uwell-Caliburn-A2-Kit-topfill.jpg

Uwell-Caliburn-A2-Kit-visible.jpg

Uwell-Caliburn-A2-Kit-charging.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging of the A2 is simple just like the device. The outer shell slides off to expose the user manual, warning card and additional information. Underneath that is the Caliburn A2 with one pod installed and a second in a sealed package in a cut out on the side. The pods use a FeCrAI UN2 Meshed-H 0.9 Ω coil. The pre-installed pod does have plastic film over it to keep it from being fired before it is filled. There was not a charging cable included in the sample that I received so am assuming it will not ship with one.

upload_2021-9-6_10-45-10.png

The A2 can be used with auto draw or button fired. It’s made of an aluminum alloy is quite lightweight. The front of the A2 has a liquid viewing window near the top where the pod is inserted and is clear. For once a device has a viewing window that actually is useable instead of being tinted to the point where it is useless. Below the window is the fire button and below that is the Caliburn name etched into the body followed by a single indicator light near the bottom which indicates the battery level with the usual green, blue, and red indicators. The light illuminates when a puff is taken or the fire button is pressed. It also lights when the pod is removed but not when it is inserted.

The body of the A2 is made of aluminum alloy and is very lightweight and has a nice smooth finish to it. The unit can be turned on and off with five presses of the fire button and the fire button is textured in a circular pattern which gives it a nice feel and has a nice click to it when pressed.

upload_2021-9-6_10-46-8.png

On either side of the body is a single airflow hole. The airflow is not adjustable but it is a quite airy MTL which I happen to like.

upload_2021-9-6_10-46-56.png

On the back side of the unit is simply the Uwell name etched near the bottom and the USB-C charging port is on the bottom. The battery can be charged to 90% in about 35 minutes. It takes a bit longer to do a full charge. After all the battery is only 520mah but the device does deliver an output of 15 watts.

upload_2021-9-6_10-47-44.png

upload_2021-9-6_10-48-12.png

The opening for the pod on top is very deep since the pods are long and skinny compared to some I’ve tried. Inside the opening is of course two magnets, the two gold plated electrical contacts and the airflow sensor holes. This device appears to have two airflow holes as you can see in the picture below of the pod that there is a hole offset from each of the magnets. The pod of course has the matching magnets, contacts and airflow holes as the battery opening. I like that the pod is clearly marked with the resistance on the bottom even though both pods included are the same resistance.

upload_2021-9-6_10-51-58.png

I found the mouthpiece for the pods to be very comfortable to use and very much like that they use a top fill design. This makes it easy to fill on the go since you don’t have to remove the pod to refill. Much like another pod that I am fond of, the tip pops off to expose the fill hole that has a red gasket over it with a second hole on the opposite end to let air escape while filling and of course the airflow hole in the center. I have noticed that I have to press very hard on the side of the tip to get it off to refill and was not able to do it with the pod removed from the battery. I’m hoping that it becomes easier with use.

upload_2021-9-6_10-52-54.png

upload_2021-9-6_10-53-18.png

Below is a size comparison photo of the Caliburn A2 beside the Geekvape K1.
    upload_2021-9-6_10-54-10.png

FINAL THOUGHTS:

As far as small pod devices go, I think the Caliburn A2 is a pretty good one. I’ve tested many of them and only a couple have stuck around for continued use by me. I think this one could very well be added to rotation.

I filled one pod with a new to me lime recipe mix and the second one with an orange tart recipe that I am very familiar with. I found both pods to deliver very good flavor and at 15 watts there was plenty of vapor production.

While using the Caliburn A2, I experienced no leaking and no noticeable condensation build up. I like the large window on the front so you can view the liquid level of the pod.

I do kind of wish that the A2 had a little more battery capacity than 520mah but it seemed to last a reasonable amount of time. I was able to get through about 1.5 pods of liquid before the light changed from green to blue and honestly lost track after that but got at least a few refills before needing to recharge.

I’d like to thank Sourcemore and Joyi for sending the Uwell Caliburn A2 for this review and thanks to the dedicated readers for sticking it out through another one of my reviews. Below is a link to the Sourcemore site and a coupon code in case you’d like to try one yourself.

Uwell Caliburn A2 Kit 15W 520mAh Pod System Kit (sourcemore.com)

CODE: CAPK for $14.04 Caliburn A2 kit / pods for $8.42 use the same code

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I’ve been using the caliburn A2 for a week now. Just wanted to see what you thought of it. I’m really enjoying it. It only takes 20 minutes to charge. And I can vape while it’s plugged in. I like the simplicity of it. Thanks for the review.

I did like it when I tested it and used the included pods. I never bought more pods for it but I do think it's a really good pod device. I just have so many from doing reviews that I can't buy pods for all of them.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I just noticed that all of the images in my review that I linked from imgbb are now gone. I used that image hosting for a long time and started having issues so have switched to a new hosting site. I wonder now if they have deleted all of my old images.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread