Uwell Crown Pod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Figs

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2017
Granbury - Texas - USA
Just got one of these, first impressions

I’ve liked the Uwell Caliburn the 6 months I’ve had it, but it didn’t have a satisfying hit for me. I kept it in the bathroom as my bathroom vape. Weak hit, weak battery, no adjustable air flow, small juice capacity...etc. No issues from it, solid device, but not for all day every day use. Enter the Crown.

1200 mah battery, adjustable air flow, 3 mil pod, easy to fill, and hits strong. Seems like good build quality and not regulated, which I prefer. Got the black one which doesn’t show the goofy etching as much. Feels good in the hand. The same height as my Breeze NXT, but a bit narrower and thinner, weighing about the same.

The NXT has been my all day vape for three months, and a great device. If (and it’s a big if) the Crown pods last about as long as the NXT coils, it will dethrone the NXT. I vape DIY unflavored and get 50-100ml of juice out of a NXT coil. I expect (hope) to get the same from the Crown.

Cons: Wish it didn’t have the etching at all. The duck bill drip tip is a bit to wide for my personal taste. Uwell recomends to wait 5 minutes after a full charge before using, as there is potential to burn the coil.

I am crazy about it so far, but as usual I’ll know if it’s a keeper after a few weeks.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Just got one of these, first impressions

I’ve liked the Uwell Caliburn the 6 months I’ve had it, but it didn’t have a satisfying hit for me. I kept it in the bathroom as my bathroom vape. Weak hit, weak battery, no adjustable air flow, small juice capacity...etc. No issues from it, solid device, but not for all day every day use. Enter the Crown.

1200 mah battery, adjustable air flow, 3 mil pod, easy to fill, and hits strong. Seems like good build quality and not regulated, which I prefer. Got the black one which doesn’t show the goofy etching as much. Feels good in the hand. The same height as my Breeze NXT, but a bit narrower and thinner, weighing about the same.

The NXT has been my all day vape for three months, and a great device. If (and it’s a big if) the Crown pods last about as long as the NXT coils, it will dethrone the NXT. I vape DIY unflavored and get 50-100ml of juice out of a NXT coil. I expect (hope) to get the same from the Crown.

Cons: Wish it didn’t have the etching at all. The duck bill drip tip is a bit to wide for my personal taste. Uwell recomends to wait 5 minutes after a full charge before using, as there is potential to burn the coil.

I am crazy about it so far, but as usual I’ll know if it’s a keeper after a few weeks.

wish he didn't sound like a robot.

Figs

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2017
Granbury - Texas - USA
The pods are high, I got a two pack for $9.95. Higher than I would prefer, but if I get the use out of them they will end up cheaper than Caliburn or Minifit pods. Not as cheap as NXT coils, but a dollar isn’t going to bankrupt me. I vape around 6-7 ml of juice a day. I make my DIY unflavored juice at a cost of $40 a year. I save quite a bit that way.

Plus, when I find a device I really like, it’s cheaper to invest in it rather than buying new things and trying them. I spent around $40 on an Aegis Boost with extra coils, I’m giving it away after a month of lite use. I could give many examples of the same thing. I don’t mind spending more for something I actually use.

Figs

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2017
Granbury - Texas - USA
2 Weeks with the Uwell Crown Pod

it has now taken its place, along with the Breeze NXT, as my all day everyday. No issues, the 1 ohm pod is excellent, 40+ ml through it, and still going strong. No seeping/leaks, no issues at all. Rich and full hits.

The NXT has been flawless for over 4 months now , but I have to say the Crown gives a fuller hit. The NXT hit is great, the Crowns is even better.

a word of warning. I do not recommend the Crown for restricted DL. The .6 pod will burn on a full battery charge. Uwell says to not use the Crown for 5 minutes after charging. That helps, but IMHO the power is to strong for these little coils. Even with the 1 ohm I take shorter hits and be sure to draw a good amount of air over it. I tend to take strong MTL hits, so it’s not a problem for me.

The good news is even if you do get a burnt hit, like the Caliburn the Crown recovers and the coil is still good. I ran 9ml through the .6 coil, and made it work. But you have to pay active attention to do so.

Highly recommend the Crown for MTL, especially if you are a Caliburn user. The Crown has a tighter draw, I get about 5ml out of a charge, satisfying hits, easy fill, and trouble free use.

• Informative
Reactions: drysprocket

Pod_Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2018
East Coast, USA
I had to have this one as well after falling in love with the Caliburn, but wanted the additional 1ml capacity, larger battery, and airflow control. (And I like the etching!) I've only used the two pods that came with it thus far, and I am a MTL vaper. The 1.0 coil lasted through the first fill and was everything I had hoped (except, as you mention, the mouthpiece). However, after I refilled it for the first time, I got burnt hit after burnt hit after...there was no coming back from it and I don't know why. I like a tight draw, but read that it was better to let this have some airflow, so I actually had it wide open. Very disappointing.
On the other hand, I vape very sweet juice and the .6 coil for DL lasted a total of 15ml, which is awesome compared to other pod devices I've bought and tried considering the sweet juices I prefer. Hope it was just a dud pod. The flavor is very good, though, and my three favorite pods are all by Uwell...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread