V4L is like an online Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaspry

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Sacramento, CA
About one month in (Give or take a week or so. I'm not counting!).

Jennifer and I are loving V4L. It really is paradise for us. Twice daily at minimum we load up the website and check for new flavors and availability. I'm quite often on these forums reading all of the PV hype and learning so much.

It's easy to feel threatened and a bit nervous over in the "News" forum. All of the scare regarding the FDA and government. But a mere few minutes spent over here in the V4L side can calm your nerves. Smilin & Co. would never let that politics stuff bring 'em down. Too much vaping to do.

So, my progress. Well, I feel a bit ashamed to say, I still smoke analogs. It's about 50/50. When placing our first order, I went all-in with a majority of 36mg carts and liquids. I found that after a mere few drags of the "hookah stick" (as Jennifer calls it) my head got blood-rushed and I nursed a dizzy spell for about an hour. Nausea, etc. At first, I thought it was the intense amount of nicotine. Then I thought it was a Propyl Glycerin reaction. I still don't know what it was. I used to smoke 10 analogs daily, for about a year. So, perhaps my system wasn't ready for 36mg.

I stopped altogether on the PV, concluding it was too much nic for me to handle. This was after a week of no analogs. After smoking my first analog after that week, I swiftly renamed them to '....-logs', because they tasted like crap.

During this time I was going through a sick-spell. Salmonella. Not fun. After the sickness lifted, I was able to handle Vapor again (even the 36mg). However, I was so caught up in my ritual of going out for a smoke, I never bothered to replace the ....-logs with Vapor. That was about three days ago. And today the queeziness of tobacco sets hard upon my bronchial tract, thus I realize it's time to go back to purely Vapor.

As I type this, I have some 555 attached to a Passthru, enjoying the nightime hours, realizing that it's great to be apart of this community, and hoping the fun never ends.

Here's to you, Steve, and everyone who made this moment possible.

~ Jason (and on behalf of Jennifer)

vape. On.

Symmetric

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2009
Dallas, GA, USA
Jason, I didn't change any of my habits when I started vaping, only what I was inhaling. to keep the quitting pressure at bay, I even told myself I was switching brands instead of quitting. I still go outside to 'smoke' both at home and at work. the only thing I DID change is that I vape in my car (after I sold my old car I said I wasn't going to smoke in the new one, and I still haven't). Changing habits is really hard, you should go with one at a time so you can get used to the new one rather than trying to change everything at once.

oh, and you used to smoke 1/2 a pack a day and went to 36mg? I used to smoke 1 1/2 packs a day and I'm on 24mg, your dizziness may be due to your dosage.

Welcome to the counter-counter-culture :)

PhoenixRising

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2009
Concord, NC USA
Yep that 36mg will get ya! Hubby smoked 2.5 packs of Marlboro Reds a day and even he has to take it easy on the 36. I was a 1.5 pack a day Parliament light gal, and I find that 24 is a great kick, and 16-18 is good for all day vaping.

I have also noticed that this sub-forum and the folks in it are the warmest bunch around - definitely Cheers like. I think Steve is the reason for that. He is warm and very generous - likes to make you feel at home and cared for. I talked with him on the phone yesterday and he comes across that way "live" as well.

Welcome home!

SMILIN

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2008
CHITOWN USA
www.vapor4life.com

Jennifer and I are loving V4L. It really is paradise for us. Twice daily at minimum we load up the website and check for new flavors and availability. I'm quite often on these forums reading all of the PV hype and learning so much.

It's easy to feel threatened and a bit nervous over in the "News" forum. All of the scare regarding the FDA and government. But a mere few minutes spent over here in the V4L side can calm your nerves. Smilin & Co.would never let that politics stuff bring 'em down. Too much vaping to do.

So, my progress. Well, I feel a bit ashamed to say, I still smoke analogs. It's about 50/50. When placing our first order, I went all-in with a majority of 36mg carts and liquids. I found that after a mere few drags of the "hookah stick" (as Jennifer calls it) my head got blood-rushed and I nursed a dizzy spell for about an hour. Nausea, etc. At first, I thought it was the intense amount of nicotine. Then I thought it was a Propyl Glycerin reaction. I still don't know what it was. I used to smoke 10 analogs daily, for about a year. So, perhaps my system wasn't ready for 36mg.

I stopped altogether on the PV, concluding it was too much nic for me to handle. This was after a week of no analogs. After smoking my first analog after that week, I swiftly renamed them to '....-logs', because they tasted like crap.

During this time I was going through a sick-spell. Salmonella. Not fun. After the sickness lifted, I was able to handle Vapor again (even the 36mg). However, I was so caught up in my ritual of going out for a smoke, I never bothered to replace the ....-logs with Vapor. That was about three days ago. And today the queeziness of tobacco sets hard upon my bronchial tract, thus I realize it's time to go back to purely Vapor.

As I type this, I have some 555 attached to a Passthru, enjoying the nightime hours, realizing that it's great to be apart of this community, and hoping the fun never ends.

Vape. On.

Jason,

I would like to thank you, and Jenifer. You guy's are just TERRIFIC. Keep on vapin baby. BTW, Your lower nic carts should be there soon, I love it when my customers, actually wanna quit....including vaping.

Wish I was not such a Nic addict myself, but, at least I fell MUCHO better than before:D

Thank you for the nice compliments

Steve:cool:

kc0cmp

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Harlingen TX. USA

It's easy to feel threatened and a bit nervous over in the "News" forum. All of the scare regarding the FDA and government. But a mere few minutes spent over here in the V4L side can calm your nerves. Smilin & Co. would never let that politics stuff bring 'em down. Too much vaping to do.

Vape. On.

Your next order, I'd seriously consider some lower nic values. if 36 made "the world shrink" (thats how i describe entirely too much nic..damn you 48mg double power!) you should consider something a little less "world collapsing"

if you smoked only 10 a day, I'd say 36mg was a "holy crap" moment your first vape haha.

Somewhere between 11 and 18 would be more suitable in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread