The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vamo V2 vw question.

Discussion in 'VAMO' started by Tibby, Apr 1, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Tibby

Tibby Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 10, 2012
    Oakley, Ca.
    So my Vamo should arrive in the mailbox today. This will be my 1st VW device, I currently use VV. I most always use 3ohm cartos in a tank at 5volts. Where would be a good place to set the wattage with 3ohm cartomizers? I have no idea where to start. Can anyone post a chart or something? Any help is appreciated.

2. dwolf111

dwolf111 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 8, 2013
    Iowa
  3. donesmokin

donesmokin Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2011
    NE Oregon
    3 ohms @ 5 volts = 8.333 watts

4. bigbells

bigbells Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

You should set the watts no lower than 3.5W and no higher than 8.5W, according to that chart. That's what's cool about variable wattage. If you have wattage set at say 6.0W, and you throw a much lower resistance device on top of your Vamo, the Vamo will read the new resistance and give you the proper voltage to maintain 6.0W.

5. Tibby

Tibby Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 10, 2012
    Oakley, Ca.
    Really? Will have to try.

6. MattB101

MattB101 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 9, 2012
    Deerfield Beach, FL
    Vape, adjust wattage, vape again, readjust wattage, continue until you find YOUR sweet spot. After that in theory it should vape the same no matter what resistance coil is attached to it. Again YMMV.

Sent from my recliner. Retired Navy E-8

7. Fenris4024

Fenris4024 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2013
    Lubbock, TX
    Just tested this, and aside from it not liking a few CE3's (was getting a dry pull, but that's the CE3, not the Vamo), and that is one of the best features I've seen on a mod/ batt thus far!
    Granted, I've only been at this for a little over three weeks, but I thought the VV feature on the Spinner I have was a game changer....

:blink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.