Vamo V3 Tanks / Atomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohamed

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
USA
I'm not ready to get into rebuilding of coils, wicks, etc. I just want a nice tank that I can use with my new Vamo V3 that I can easily replace the atomizer and wick and keep the tank and screw on pieces. I don't mind spending a bit up front as long as the atomizer and wicks are decently priced and easily replaceable. No leakage is a must as I've issues with my Ego on those tanks.

Thoughts/suggestions from the crowd?

Are ego-c/vamo tanks interchangeable? The top piece for my Vamo V3 seems quite a bit different than my ego-c?

tdavids

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2012
Oregon
If you remove the top "collar/cone" from your v3 you will see that the top of the v3 and your ego have the same threads, ego(the male threads and 510 the female threads ). I use EVODs they are inexpensive to own and maintain but not without thir own flaws, can anyone say dry hits. The cure for this is to remove one or more flavor wicks, remove the plastic cap from the head and the post remove one of the wicks that do not have wire wrapped around it and vape. This normally cures the problem there are plenty of posts and YT videos on how to do this I have never had an EVOD leak although I can't say that about the CE4's that came with my ego kit. as always YMMV.

CocoaButter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Pennsylvania
Evod heads work very well...and you can save old dead ones in case you ever decide to rebuild, they are very simple to rebuild also.
Many tanks take them.. The Kanger Evod tank, the Protank 1 and 2, the Davide tank, ect. Personally i use a Davide tank.

But i also VERY highly recomend getting an airflow controller. i got mine from vermillion vapes since madvapes was out of stock. Get one with a solid core (no hole) and it will prevent leakage, and also help preserve the the threads on the vamo. As im told the one from vermillion sits flush with the top of a vamo v2, which is what i got, so it may with a v3 as well. This way you only have to change the tank and never gotta worry of stripping vamo threads, which is a big, big, BIG problem it seems.

I will get back to yall when mine is finally here. Snail mail *ugh*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread