Not open for further replies.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Lfmao that's great!

Hey, I love Vemo. I have to keep an eye on him though, when he starts writing poetry things are gonna get bad.

jnz1.jpg

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Take a small slotted screwdriver and slide it under the 510 pin on the Vamo and work your way around it teasing it up very gently. It only has to rise a smidgeon. Try that OP and see how you get on.

That might work, but I have a problem with it. Not your idea for a fix, but overall. I do not want to buy a device that I have to mess with right out of the box for it to work correctly. I don't care how much it costs. "Less expensive" shouldn't mean crap.

Sorry. Hops off of soapbox.

ETA: It isn't just the Vamo, I have run into this with quite a bit of vaping gear.

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Yep, wiggling up the positive pin is a trick I do all the time for people, just be really careful, there is a small ring at the base of that positive pin that you need to be careful not to screw up or your mod will short out

Please be gentle it's my first time out of the box.

ScottChensoda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2013
Lat:51.53889/Long:0.14743
That might work, but I have a problem with it. Not your idea for a fix, but overall. I do not want to buy a device that I have to mess with right out of the box for it to work correctly. I don't care how much it costs. "Less expensive" shouldn't mean crap.

Sorry. Hops off of soapbox.

ETA: It isn't just the Vamo, I have run into this with quite a bit of vaping gear.

Exactly, you have been vaping long enough to know that two years ago just about 90% of vaping devices invariably required titivating or adapting to make them work to their optimum. When I first started vaping over four years ago I became amazed how vapers paid their hard earned yet accepted the generally poor quality of devices. Prior to that, it had always been accepted and even law here in the UK, that if anything you bought turned out to be not fit for purpose, you had the right to return the goods for a replacement or a full refund.

As for my suggested fix, it is a standard procedure for what is a well known failing of the Vamo range. The other procedure is to remove the silicone washer below the 510 pin and replace it with a nitrile o-ring.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Exactly, you have been vaping long enough to know that two years ago just about 90% of vaping devices invariably required titivating or adapting to make them work to their optimum. When I first started vaping over four years ago I became amazed how vapers paid their hard earned yet accepted the generally poor quality of devices. Prior to that, it had always been accepted and even law here in the UK, that if anything you bought turned out to be not fit for purpose, you had the right to return the goods for a replacement or a full refund.

As for my suggested fix, it is a standard procedure for what is a well known failing of the Vamo range. The other procedure is to remove the silicone washer below the 510 pin and replace it with a nitrile o-ring.

I still have Fluval, but I'm a hoarder.

Nick N

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
Man these early A.M. threads are crazy!

Sorry we couldn't help OP, I have an authentic Mega and clone Mega and the clone is better quality IMHO. I will agree that the Vamo can be picky. Sometimes I notice the ohms read different by how tight the tank is threaded on.

Good luck and I hope you figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread