Vamo v5 with v2 head replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

eLCruz

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Central Florida
Performed this head replacement on my Vamo V3 recently, worked like a champ. The V3 head I got had super loose threads, and the rubber insulator for the positive post would squish out with my tanks screwed all the way in, and completely cut off air flow. Replaced it with my preferred V2 head and it works awesome. Got the replacement heads from Vamo Body Parts

Thanks for that GREAT link! Just ordered the brushed steel V2 connection part. Question, was the 510 conection stainless steel or brass?

Sent from Gallifrey using a Sonic Screwdriver via Tardis #5 :what:

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Thanks for that GREAT link! Just ordered the brushed steel V2 connection part. Question, was the 510 conection stainless steel or brass?

Sent from Gallifrey using a Sonic Screwdriver via Tardis #5 :what:

That's the same one I purchased, and I believe it's all stainless steel.

rucni

ECF Veteran
hey all i was having issue with my V3 and V4 popping my tanks off. since i use protanks i just screwed on the ego beauty ring on my V3 and that helps solve the problem, also i used the battery extension tube from my V4 as a tank guard aka tough mode. ego beauty ring also acts as an air flow control since it does not side against the vamo and tank at the same time so you can screw it up or down a little to change how it vapes. also tough mode does not effect airflow that i have see or felt.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
hey all i was having issue with my V3 and V4 popping my tanks off. since i use protanks i just screwed on the ego beauty ring on my V3 and that helps solve the problem, also i used the battery extension tube from my V4 as a tank guard aka tough mode. ego beauty ring also acts as an air flow control since it does not side against the vamo and tank at the same time so you can screw it up or down a little to change how it vapes. also tough mode does not effect airflow that i have see or felt.

That's awesome. Thanks!

I'm using a spare extension tube with the V5 beauty ring for fancy tough mode with an Evod.
It also works with the Vision Victory 5ml tank but no V5 beauty ring for Protanks.
Tough mode won't work at all on Vivi Novas or iClear30s.

12666762933_efc944ce0b_o.jpg

That's Vape Mania BTW. It's a propaganda parody and it's a hoot.

Written by Melvin Provario :vapor:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...3656-vape-mania-first-its-kind-vape-book.html

$12 shipped - vaporacle.com

350ZMO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2014
Alabama
www.ecigarette411.com
Please Please PUUUUHLEEEEESE!

Provide more detailed pictures of the V3 head and the connector, would it be possible to say get a machinist that knows how to cut threads make another 510/eGo connector and replace a stripped/bad one? My brother could pump out HUNDREDS of replacement 510/eGo connectors in stainless steel or even titanium...the biggest thing would be can it be removed and replaced easily or is it one piece?

510 threads are m7x0.5

EGO threads are m12x0.5

I believe tube thread is m20x1 but only measured with micrometer not a thread gauge, if anyone knows for sure please post.

Pictures attached.

Attachments

• Top cap parts.jpg
    Top cap parts.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 558
  • Top cap bottom.jpg
    Top cap bottom.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 316
  • Top cap top.jpg
    Top cap top.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 379
  • Topcap side.jpg
    Topcap side.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 144

350ZMO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2014
Alabama
www.ecigarette411.com
And here are some diagrams with dimensions. Most all dimensions measured with a micrometer. There is a small ridge around the circumference for seating in the tube, I am guessing at these dimensions. I tried my best to make sure these are correct but I don't guarantee it, if someone measures different please post. The top cap is three pieces, the metal part, the rubber center pin grommet and the center pin.

Used a SS tube to pull the top cap off, pulled out the half moon plastic piece below the circuit board then pulled out the circuit board then the button tops fell out. Window is plastic and presses out. Soldered new top cap on to circuit board, set buttons in tube, inserted circuit board then plastic half moon, pressed together in a vise using wood pieces on either end, then inserted plastic window to reassemble. Very easy.

The top cap is chrome plated brass and has a small flat head Philips on the bottom side with a dap of solder for soldering the ground lead. I do not know the size of that screw. Hot lead solders to center pin which also had a dob of solder on it.

I had to replace the top cap on my V3 and got an extra just in case my V5 ever needs it. These will fit all the VAMOs but is threaded for a collar ring like the V3/V5 has. Purchased parts from ecigarette impressions.

Attachments

• Slide4.jpg
    Slide4.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 290
  • Slide3.jpg
    Slide3.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 873
  • Slide2.jpg
    Slide2.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 262
  • Slide1.jpg
    Slide1.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 643

Kentastic

Not Batman
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Central Californication
Got tired of my tanks popping off my v5 vamo. Ordered 3 of the v2 replacement heads about a month ago or so for $12 shipped. I figured the removable ring looked cool but didnt really serve me any funtional purpose, plus it kind of makes it look more "phallic". I was going to do a video but was too lazy to set everything up sp ill just do steps. This is how i did it.

I just wanted to give a huge THANK YOU to vicflow for posting this. I stripped out the 510 connection of my v5 Vamo within the first 2 months. I ended up buying an ego to 510 adapter that allowed me to still use it, but it was horribly ungainly and top heavy.

After seeing this post i decided to give it a try and ordered a v2 Vamo replacement head from ecigaretteimpressions.com (they were friggin awesomely fast btw) for $10 shipped. Like your post I liked the flat top of v2 rather than the tapered of the v5.

I received the part in 2 days (damn fast), but I didn't have time to try it until today. The hardest part for me was the soldering since I literally haven't soldered anything in like 15 years, but I was able to get the wires to stick without resorting to superglue. LOL Put it back together and I now have a working Vamo with a flush mountable head. WOOHOO!

2014-03-02 15.30.34.jpg

Last edited:

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
... and I now have a working Vamo with a flush mountable head. WOOHOO!
Does this mean that the V2 head you got has a removable flat sided beauty ring? Or did you give up the ease of cleaning and ability to use 'oversized' eGo threaded toppers?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread