Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott_Simpson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Fort Wayne, IN
Anyone notice any difference in vape between Volts and Watts settings? For example 6W or 3.9V which is same power.

From the wattage and voltage figures you quote, you must be vaping a 2.5Ω atomizer ... as long as you continue to use the same resistance, there will be no difference. Where the difference comes in is when you put on an atomizer with a different resistance ... with variable voltage, you will need to a.) know the resistance of your atomizer, and b.) use Ohm's Law to calculate the proper voltage to give you the same vaping experience (e.g., the same wattage, 6W) ... with variable wattage, once you've determined that you like vaping at, say, 6 watts, you just leave it set to that wattage and you'll automatically get the same vape no matter what resistance atomizer you put on your device (you don't even need to know the resistance; the VW device will detect it and set the proper voltage automatically).

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
You know, it's not exactly set it and forget it as most say, depending on your atomizing device. I've found that with any atomizing device I've used, the older it gets, the difference the vape tastes. You may have to raise or lower the voltage/wattage to maintain the same vape experience, until the atomizing device either gives out or needs a cleaning or what not, then you have to start over. I've tried many devices, but find that I keep going back to carto tanks. Price wise, it's really not that much difference than other devices. Unless you're rebuilding coils. But to me, that goes along the same lines as making your own juice, and I don't do that either. So yes, while joe schmo may rebuild his attys and make his own juice and have a much cheaper vaping experience than me, that's just not what I want to do. I did RYO with loose tobacco and empty tubes when taxes went up and I didn't want to pay so much extra. Did I like it, sure, it was fun. Would I have rather have paid the extra to not have the hassle? Hell yes :) So yeah, now that I've gone WAY off what I was trying to get to, what it boils down to is, everybody's experience will be different. The guy at the vape store today when I bought my V3 said that he thinks AVG and RMS is just a load of you know what, and you shouldn't need to change the VAMO from Num1. He said some people thought Num 1 was for single batteries, and Num 2 was for running stacked, and he lets them think that because to him there's no difference. When I tried to explain, he said it's just a bunch of nonsense. So yeah. Use what works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread