Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Figures :D
I was keen on the SS version anyway, so that won't be an issue :)
Out of curiosity, what's your favorite setup resistance/wattage wise? I'm still playing around
I build everything of mine around 1.5 ohms. I'll run my drippers between 15-18w, and my Kayfun 4s from 12-15w. Tried hitting a Kayfun Lite at 30w once. Man that blew out my throat hah..

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
The later ones are cheap knock offs, KSD still hasnt come out with a newer version past the v7. No clue honestly about the fake v8/v9s, none of them seem to do anything different. My V7 has been pretty solid so far, though I haven't really used it since I got my Sigelei mini in February.. Its taken some gnarly drops and is still kicking. Its just to big for me to carry around nowadays.

I think Sweet Vapes is blowing em out for $30 now.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Oh wow I just went and searched Vamo over at FT and damn 200 results???
Yeah the knockoffs are all over the place! Im seeing V7s that only go to 30w, a V8 that only goes to 25w, another one that only goes to 35w, a Mini V9 (only 25w), all kinds of random variations hah. I dig those colored ones but once again, Kangside/KSD never made them like that.. The so-called V10 goes up to 55w and thats pretty much the only 'upgrade' from the legitimate V7. Id be very wary of those V9 'kits' since they come with Trustfire batteries too.

This one right here is what a real Vamo V6 and V7 look like even down to the box, but you never can tell with FT, which is why I never order stuff from there no matter how much Ill save.. And actually the screenshot they show of the V6's display isnt what a real V6s screen looks like. Theres no "/" between the wattage and voltage display.

$26.49 VAMO V6 Variable Wattage Mod - brass / black chromed / 3W-20W at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

$26.40 VAMO V7 Variable Wattage APV Mod - brass / black / 1*18650 / 3.0W-40.0W at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Usually Fast Tech labels things "Vamo style" if its a clone, and will say Kangside or KSD if its a real one. Wow makes me glad I did my research and got mine from Varitube here in the US. I got mine around black friday last year and was about to grab the V6, but the morning I got paid and went to buy it, Varitube literally that day removed it and had just gotten their stock of the new V7s in so I scored. Plus it was on sale for like $35 instead of the $40 they normally charge so that was nice. Was funny cause the night before I was bouncing back and forth between all these websites and had made my decision on the V6, so it was pretty cool when I woke up that I got an 'upgrade'.

EDIT: Almost forgot, heres Kangsides actual product page so you can check out what they really make and dont. I think theyve kinda ditched the Vamo and have wandered into box mod territory now.

Products Catalog_Shenzhen Kangside Technology Co., Limited

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Thanks again. That's why I asked you. I was researching and seeing all the wattage variations for the same model/version number and thought something seemed fishy...

Jay :headbang:

Yeah I only made it through like 4 pages of em before I gave up haha.

This is where I got mine from:
Vamo V7 - VW 3W-40W - Body Only

Sweet Vapes has em for $10 cheaper too, guess theyre not going to carry em anymore:
VAMO V7 40 Watt DISCONTINUED - Heatvape, VAMO - Electronic Mods

I will say though ordering from Varitube.. Im in Southern California, and that thing took literally 2 business days to get in my hands. I have NEVER gotten a package that quick from Florida before! Everytime I order vape stuff from Florida, it seems to take a bit longer than anywhere else in the US for whatever reason hehe. (Although Lightning Vapes is pretty decent).

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Sorry but one last link for ya! Apparently in January, KSD started putting scratch codes for authenticity on their stuff.
Just noticed they have a section on their website that wasnt there last year that lists knock off vendors, and Fast Tech, Focalecig and Gearbest are listed.. I know they have said before they will NOT sell to Fast Tech, but that doesnt necessarily mean they cant get them from a wholesaler or something, but yeah if KSD says dont buy from there, I wouldnt do it hehe..
Copycat_Shenzhen Kangside Technology Co., Limited

Man I really want one of their 100w box mods they have now but their stuff is so hard to find other than the damn Vamos!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread