Vandy vape apollo kit review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shone

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017
I received Apollo kit from from Vandy vape for the purpose of this review.

Vandy vape apollo kit comes in few colors:

- Frosted red
- Frosted cyan
- Frosted green
- Frosted amber
- Frosted black

texju0k.jpg

Specification:

- Size of the kit: 114mm x 27.9mm

Atomizer:

- Height with drip tip: 38mm
- Capacity: 2ml
- Diameter: 22mm

Mod:

- Height: 76mm
- Diameter: 27.9mm
- Battery: 900mah

In the box:

- Apollo mod
- Apollo atomizer
- Usb cable
- User manual
- Spare parts
- Two coils

SWcPzJw.jpg

Vandy vape apollo kit is starter kit for mtl vaping. You can buy this kit in 5 different colors, I have the black color. This starter kit stands out because this kit is waterproof, dustproof and shockproof. Build quality is very good, that's for sure. This kit is also very small, height of the kit is only 114mm, also it is light weight, it is made out of TPE material, similar material as rubber.

vUBxaAs.jpg

Im7CBdi.jpg

Apollo atomizer:

Apollo atomizer is 22mm in diameter and this is a mtl atomizer. You can see some details on the atomizer, on the top cap you can see details that helps you to unscrew the top cap, on the airflow control ring you can see similar details that helps with airflow adjustment, from the bottom of the atomizer you can see engravings "Apollo", serial number and "Designed and manufactured by Vandy vape".

HCurn6z.jpg

On the atomizer you can see the drip tip that is very comfortable for using, bore of the drip tip is 3mm in diameter and this is very nice drip tip for mtl in my opinion. You can't use here 510 drip tips, so you have to use this one, you still can take off the drip tip to clean it, there are two o rings that holds the drip tip in the place, on the picture you can see how it looks.

On this atomizer we have top fill system and in order to fill the atomizer you need to unscrew the top cap and as I said details helps a lot with unscrewing, threads are good and there is no any problems with top cap. When you unscrew the top cap you can see two fill holes and you can fill this tank easily, holes are big.

On the atomizer you can see pre installed glass tank, this tank has 2ml capacity and in the package you will also receive spare glass tank with 2ml capacity. Considering the size of the atomizer, capacity of the tank is okay, especially if you use nic salt e liquid.

K2oVA4v.jpg

Eq1LR4V.jpg

There is no pre installed coil when you receive the atomizer but in the package you will receive two coils. One coil has 1.8ohm resistance and on the coil you can see engraved that you can use this coil from 3.2-4.3V, also in the package you will receive one more coil with 1.5 resistance and you can use this coil from 3-4.2V. You can very easy change the coil here, you only need to uncrew the base and screw the coil on the base. Big plus here with this atomizer is that you can use coils from the bskr mtl atomizer. I want to mention, before you fill the tank you need to prime the coil with few drop of e liquid and then you can fill the tank and vape, that way you will prevent dry hits.

pJh9DON.jpg

On the base you can see the airflow control ring and we have a stopper here so airflow control ring will not spin forever. It is very easy to adjust the airflow, everything is as it should be. On the airflow control ring we have 6 airflow holes and you can use only one hole at time. So, we have 6 different airflow holes, 0.6mm, 0.8mm, 1mm, 1.5mm, 2mm, 2.5mm. You can adjust the airflow here from very tight draw to lose mtl draw. Also there is no false airflow here which is very nice.

YZiFt9G.jpg

TYIoWck.gif

How this atomizer works and my thoughts

So lets start from the drip tip, basically it is very comfortable for using in my opinion and I belive that most people will like this drip tip, but still you can't use 510 drip tip and this will be a con to someone. Top fill sistem works very fine, there is no leaking when you fill the atomizer and there is no gurgling, everything is fine. Airflow control ring works nice and you have nice options for airflow, it is very nice that you can adjust very tight airflow because that can be important for beginners. Personally I use coil with 1.5ohm resistance and I use it at 3.8V on third airflow hole and I like how this coil works with nic salt liquid with 35mg nic, throat hit is very nice and I can taste every note, so I can say that flavor is good.

Cons:

- Drip tip is comfortable, but you can't use 510 drip tips here

Pros:

- Comfortable drip tip
- Good build quality
- Top fill system that works good
- Good flavor
- A lot of airflow options
- It is compatible with coils from bskr mtl
- There is no leaking
- Two coils in the package

Apollo mod

Apollo mod is very small mod and it is also light weight, also this mod is waterproof, dustproof and it is shockproof, so with this mod you are safe if you drop it or if water end up on the mod, big plus for that. Mod has a lot of details, on the fire button you can see the logo, from the bottom you can see "Apollo" and "Designed and manufactured by Vandy vape".

From the top of the mod there is stainless steel connection that is screwed in from the top and we have here gold plated spring loaded 510 pin. On this mod you can use atomizers up to 24mm without overhang, which is nice.

r1pFwiD.jpg

HN3iISe.jpg

On the mod you can see the fire button, the fire button is very clicky and it works very nice, also you can see the plus and minus buttons, both are clicky and both works fine. Between the fire button and plus and minus buttons you can see led lights. Just under the fire button you can see 6 led lights and this is the battery indicator, I like how this indicator looks, it is very easy to know the battery life. Under the indicator you can see 5 more led lights and here we can see the output voltage that we can adjust using plus and minus buttons from 3.2-4V.
Under the plus and minus buttons you can see the usb port that is covered. This device has built in battery with 900mah capacity, which is nice capacity for this device.

qQJDV5N.jpg

How this mod works and my thoughts

To turn on the mod you need to click five times on the fire button, you need to do the same to turn the device off.
As I said here we need to use plus and minus buttons to adjust the voltage and we can choose 3.2V, 3.4V, 3.6V, 3.8V i 4V and I like this way of adjustment, there is no screen but still you always know the output voltage, I tryed here also some other atomizers and it is really nice that 24mm atomizers looks nice on the top of the mod, with other atomizer mod still works very nice, but the lowest resistance that you can use here is 0.8ohm which is okay because most of people use higher resistance for mtl vaping. Mod is comfortable for using, the fire button protrudes and you can find it very easy when you grab the mod to vape. There is no any cons for this mod that I can pick, basically this device works very good and we have a lot of pros here, especially if you want to buy small device that works good and it is water and shock proof.

Pros:

- Build quality
- Water, dust and shock proof
- Buttons are clicky
- Very nice battery indicator
- You can use atomizers up to 24mm
- Light weight
- Small device
- Output voltage adjustment

Check it here: Apollo kit

Status
Not open for further replies.