Status
Not open for further replies.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I'm using a 3mm coil, Tiger I think (it's pre-made). I might have to try a wider coil (3.5mm) to see if that directs the juice further to the sides of the atty when I drip. As it is now, the juice runs into the center air tube under the coil and weeps out the sides.

I have also tried dripping with the mod/atty tilted and it still leaked. Maybe I'm over dripping, but usually go no more than 15 drops from a Gorilla bottle.

If the new coil doesn't work - I'm out permanently and will probably sell it.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
try to do no more than 8 drops at a time. You're probably flooding it.

Thanks - I'll do that.

I really want to like this RDA. Vandy Vapes feels like the new Geekvape to me - an upstart that seems to give us great products at a fair price. I also have a Pulse and Icon that I really enjoy, and I want to like this one too.

Reactions: AnthonyB

Raizo III

Jan 14, 2017
Thanks - I'll do that.

I really want to like this RDA. Vandy Vapes feels like the new Geekvape to me - an upstart that seems to give us great products at a fair price. I also have a Pulse and Icon that I really enjoy, and I want to like this one too.

I only drip like 5-7 drops per side. If i drip more than that, i do leak from the bottom.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
So, yeah, I dripped 10 drops with the Govad tilted to one side, set it on my bench overnight, and returned to find a puddle of juice on the bench.

I'm out - it's going in the junk drawer. I don't like to work this hard with any of my vaping stuff - there's just too many better, simpler options.

I've got a Peerless, Pulse, Mage, Icon, Cheeta, Tsunami Pro, even a Medusa and Lush Plus that work fine (just to name a few off the top of my head), so experience or lack of, is not a problem.

Thanks for the suggestions, all. :)

Last edited:

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
So I am having a hell of a time with this RDA. I have it dialed in where I am getting a good vape but unless I want juice all over my hands and my mod I have to paint my coils and for me that is a HUGE NEGATIVE. I love bottom airflow but if I cant easily drip into the RDA its not worth the time and effort. I'll say it again I REALLY want to like this RDA as it really checks off a lot of things im looking for in an RDA.

- Looks Great ✓
- Goon driptips ✓
-Single Coil ✓
-Easy to build on deck & fits large coils✓
- Conical shape on inner top cap ✓
- Lots of Airflow Options ✓
- Super Messy and leaks more then Julian Assange ✓ having to carry a roll of paper towels around priceless 8(

I am a bit late to the party but I purchased a Govad recently and have all the same issues. That led me to google Govad reviews and that's how I ended up here.

I am also not getting the wonderful flavor this RTA is supposed to give even with good fused Claptons. This RTA has nothing on the Goon or the RTAs I have been using such as the OBS Nano. The airflow is ridiculously loose.

I also initially dripped down the Middle taking some notion that the juice well would be forgiving for flooding and .......n, the juice leaked like a sieve. By morning I had a puddle on my Smok GX200. I used to drip all the time in the days of 306s and 510 atomizers but am not keen to paint coils and remove top caps in the current era of vaping devices which is why I tend to like RTAs and good sub-ohm tanks. The Goon redefined all that for me to an extent but the Govad is wanting me to retreat back into RTA-land.

I've not yet inboxed the Kylie RTA, also from Vandy Vapes, but I've heard it too has leaking issues, so bad in fact, that Vandyvapes was sending revised bases out to those who requested it. Vandy Vapes : your products leak and reviewers aren't telling us this!

As for the Govad, I am going to close off the top airflow as suggested in another thread and tilt it when dripping and see how that goes.

Last edited:
Reactions: gpjoe

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I am a bit late to the party but I purchased a Govad recently and have all the same issues. That led me to google Govad reviews and that's how I ended up here.

I am also not getting the wonderful flavor this RTA is supposed to give even with good fused Claptons. This RTA has nothing on the Goon or the RTAs I have been using such as the OBS Nano. The airflow is ridiculously loose.

I also initially dripped down the Middle taking some notion that the juice well would be forgiving for flooding and .......n, the juice leaked like a sieve. By morning I had a puddle on my Smok GX200. I used to drip all the time in the days of 306s and 510 atomizers but am not keen to paint coils and remove top caps in the current era of vaping devices which is why I tend to like RTAs and good sub-ohm tanks. The Goon redefined all that for me to an extent but the Govad is wanting me to retreat back into RTA-land.

I've not yet inboxed the Kylie RTA, also from Vandy Vapes, but I've heard it too has leaking issues, so bad in fact, that Vandyvapes was sending revised bases out to those who requested it. Vandy Vapes : your products leak and reviewers aren't telling us this!

As for the Govad, I am going to close off the top airflow as suggested in another thread and tilt it when dripping and see how that goes.

Good luck. :)

I will say that I am using the Pulse on a Boxer clone squonk mod and it is working great. I built it with a single stainless steel clapton and the flavor is off the charts with good vapor and no leaking. Very pleased.

I've also been using an Icon with dual coils on a mech tube mod and very happy with that one as well - no leaks or mess.

It seems to me that the only one I had a problem with was the Govad, which I have since sold, and glad to be rid of it.

-KT-

Oct 12, 2017
I'm getting mine to hold more juice by running the coil higher than the side posts. That way I can use a long rayon wick. The wick holds the juice (not the pretend "well" LOL).

Flavor is outstanding. It's supposed to be about a .50 ohm coil, but the mod's reading it at .63 (my little coil tester did too). I'm getting great flavor and decent clouds at 32 watts.

[Edit - I realized that the coil read in at a higher resistance because I added a half-wrap to make it work on that deck. Also I switched to an alien clapton just now. Still works great. Using thicker tails on the rayon and moved the coil down towards bottom of deck to try and get a cooler vape. ]

It really likes complicated coils, too. This is a hive. Most of my other RDAs spit a little bit with complicated coils. The Govad, very little.
5df352ef0d262780a41bcbed7ce85c80.jpg

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gcabaltica

Mar 2, 2016
I'm getting mine to hold more juice by running the coil higher than the side posts.

Also late to this Govad gathering. IMHO this is the exact optimal positioning for the Coil. Maybe around 70-80% above the Airflow Holes leaving the bottom of the coil barely visible when viewed through the Airflow.

This allow the Air to hit the coil at 45% angle, cool the bottom, then sweep under cooling the underside, but then collide with the air coming from the opposite side where they direct each other upwards.

Govad is among my top 5 single coil specialty RDA's of all time.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
I have both and I would go with the Pharaoh RTA. It can fit huge coils and for a single coil RTA it puts a lot of Dual coil RTAs to shame.

Edit
So the deck in the pharaoh is maybe a tiny bit smaller then the Govad but they are actually very very close. I want to love the Govad SO SO much but I really am struggling with this thing. I have tried 3 different builds in it starting with a very tame 2x28gx38g 316l Clapton and found that pretty lack luster I then tried a dual coil build with 22g n80 which was a little better but was a pain in the ... and while dual coils do fit and work in this RDA it just really reinforced to me that it was intended for Single .... off Wide as yer mum Instagram coils.
Try 24g SS. 316L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread