Vandy vape mutant rda review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shone

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017
I received mutant rda from vandy vape for the purpose of this review.

Mutant rda comes in few colors:

- Gun metal
- Matte black
- Ss
- Rainbow

kgWxy9s.jpg

Specification:

- Diameter 25mm
- Length: 26mm
- Capacity: 1.2ml

In the package:

- Mutant rda
- Accessory bag
- User manual
- 510 drip tip adapter
- Coils

eRvloxd.jpg

Mutant rda is atomizer designed and manufactured by Vandy vape and reviewer from youtube channel vapingwithTwisted420. This rda comes in 4 different colors and I have black one. This is a dual coil atomizer and this rda is designed to work with vertical coils. Build quality of this atomizer is pretty solid and everything is well machined. Atomizer has separately the top cap with two airflow slots and a chamber with different airflows. On the atomizer you can see some details that helps with airflow adjustment and on the chamber you can see engraved "Mutant", from the bottom of the atomizer you can see also some engravings.

xJURF7L.jpg

JfUR2A2.jpg

Atomizer comes with 810 drip tip and this drip tip has very interesting shape, it also has wide bore, pretty much comfortable for using in my opinion, but in case that you don't like the drip tip you can use any other 810 drip tip, i tried few different 810 drip tips and drip tips stands very nice on the atomizer. In the package you will receive 510 drip tip adapter and you can use 510 drip tip if you prefer that way.

M1Zia6w.jpg

On the top cap you can see two airflow slots, so basically you will use the top cap in order to adjust the airflow. On the top cap you can see details that helps a lot when you want to adjust your airflow. Two o rings holds the top cap on the chamber.

On the chamber you can see 4 different airflow options, you can see it on the picture. It is very nice that we have here 4 different airflows, big pro because you will always find best airflow option for you. To change the airflow you need to take off the chamber that stands on the base, two o rings holds the chamber. On the chamber you can see notches which is very good because once when you choose airflow it will not spin around and it will stay in the place, very good. Considering that this atomizer has a lot of airflow you can use it at higher powers without any problems.

LAFmPjO.jpg

rxa71aM.jpg

Build deck is designed for vertical coils and I can say that building on this rda is very easy, screws are good and posts are designed that way that when you place your leads leads will not escape out of the posts so building here is pretty much easy. In the package you will receive two coils, so in case that you have no coils you can use atomizer when you receive it, very good. Wicking is also very easy, when you place your coils, you need to put through the top of the coil one end of the cotton and the other one you need to put through other coil, then you need to cut the cotton at the top and place it nicely on the botton and on the top, you can see on the picture how I did that. It is very important to place your coils closer to the airflow holes, that way air will hit the coils better and flavor will be better.
In the package you will receive clapton coils, one coil has 0.39ohm resistance and coil is 3mm in diameter.
On the base you can also see a central post that you wll use here when you are using this device with squonk mods, when you squonk liquid will go through the center post and it will fall on the cotton from the top, also liquid in the well will be sucked in the bottle through the post, capacity of the well is 1.2ml. When you want to use atomizer as regular driper you will unscrew the bf pin and center post and after that you will screw in regular pin.

0pmqjje.jpg

al31e30.jpg

VkYaYWf.jpg

mdgzyhw.gif

How this atomizer works and my thoughts:

I really like this atomizer in matte black color, color is pretty nice. I also like the build quality, threads are good and there is nothing sharp here, everything fits very nice. Drip tip has very interesting shape and I like interesting drip tips, in my opinion this drip tip is comfortable for using, but in case that you don't like it you can use your own 810 drip tip, or you can use any 510 drip tip with 510 drip tip adapter from the package.
You can use atomizer with regular mods when you take off the central post, you can drip through the drip tip or you can take off only the top cap by holding the chamber with one hand, also you can take off together top cap and the chamber.
With squonk mods this atomizer works just great because e liquid goes through the center pin and that way liquid falls on the top of the coils, also on the bottom liquid goes back in the bottle, very nice way for squonking and it works very nice.
Build deck is very simple for building and wicking, I tried other vertical coil atomizer and this one is easiest to work with for sure, also when you place the coils you can very easy clip the leads.
You can choose between 4 different airflow options and then you can adjust the airflow. In my opinion this atomizer works best with smallest holes because that way airflow is the smoothest. I like to use this atomizer at higher powers because of the airflow, flavor is the best between 65 - 70w, that way flavor is very good but it is really important to place the coils close to the airflow holes because that way air will hit the coils better. Vapor production is very good.
Mutant rda is one very solid rda, it is easier for building than any other vertical coil atomizer that I tried, so I can suggest you this one if you want to buy rda that can produce a lot of vapor and if you want to buy very good vertical coil rda.

Cons:

- Basically this rda works good, there's no any problems with this rda, machining is also good, it would be only nice that they included onother 810 drip tip in the package

Pros:

- Build quality
- Color is good
- Vertical coils
- Very easy to place the coils
- Easy wicking
- It works good at high power
- Few airflow options
- Smooth airflow
- Chamber has notches
- Cener post for very good squonking
- 510 drip tip adapter in the package