Vandy Vape PYRO 24 RDTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

HenTheKing

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2016
Essex, UK
Use a little more wick that peeks from the tank.

Yeah, I tried that after posting. It's better, but the flavour is well off and still muted.

I'm thinking maybe my coils are too close to the deck, but, that means more wick and more wick for the juice to travel up.

When I drip directly on the coils the flavour is way better than any other atty I have. [emoji30]

e569234a2223f6824534087407338f6b.jpg
924c5438077eb6eb3d1a4295f05c25ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BennyAdeline

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
Los Angeles
Yeah, I tried that after posting. It's better, but the flavour is well off and still muted.

I'm thinking maybe my coils are too close to the deck, but, that means more wick and more wick for the juice to travel up.

When I drip directly on the coils the flavour is way better than any other atty I have. [emoji30]

Is there too much cotton in the coils constricting flow? That may be why it’s good when dropped on.

Are you fluffing the wick end?

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009

I think the height of the coils is just right. This RDTA gave me troubles at first in that slight variations in the build would make a big difference in the taste and performance. However the effort is worth it because it produces the best flavor and vapor out of any atomizer that I own. I think wide coils don't work very well in it. Normally I use 8-9 wraps of twisted wire or claptons in my other RDTAs but I use only six in the Pyro (closely packed). Your build is definitely wider than my build....try to take of a wrap off or use different wire for your build so that the resulting build is a little narrower. Hope that helps.

HenTheKing

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2016
Essex, UK
I think the height of the coils is just right. This RDTA gave me troubles at first in that slight variations in the build would make a big difference in the taste and performance. However the effort is worth it because it produces the best flavor and vapor out of any atomizer that I own. I think wide coils don't work very well in it. Normally I use 8-9 wraps of twisted wire or claptons in my other RDTAs but I use only six in the Pyro (closely packed). Your build is definitely wider than my build....try to take of a wrap off or use different wire for your build so that the resulting build is a little narrower. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the reply.

I'll give that a go, that build in there was smaller than I usually go.
You're right about the height too, tried raising the coils to get a bit more bottom airflow and all I got were shorts. [emoji23]

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
I forgot to mention to get the coils as close to the airflow as possible. There has to be a nice gap between the coils. At first I had the coils close to each other and I was getting semi-dry hits. Don't be afraid of using thinner wires for this atty...it will still perform like a beast. I am vaping at 55 watts right now and it is producing vapor I get at about 85-100 watts from my other atties.

HenTheKing

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2016
Essex, UK
I forgot to mention to get the coils as close to the airflow as possible. There has to be a nice gap between the coils. At first I had the coils close to each other and I was getting semi-dry hits. Don't be afraid of using thinner wires for this atty...it will still perform like a beast. I am vaping at 55 watts right now and it is producing vapor I get at about 85-100 watts from my other atties.

I've got some simple twisted in at the moment. 0.21 @ 60 w.
Flavour is good but it's still not wicking quick enough. Just muted.

I shall persevere!

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Well, I've been remiss in giving my experiences with this.
I've had two of these for a couple of weeks now.
Very easy to build, easy to wick. Great vape. I kind of like being able to see the coils and wicking when I fill it.
Which happens all too often! Geez, could the reservoir be any smaller without being a straight up dripper?
It has great flavor and produces thick wet vapor for me at 49W @ 445F with SS430. But, I'll bet it doesn't hold 2ml. Fit and finish are nice, looks good, no other problem except the capacity.
Yes, I took the plug out of the reservoir.
Anyway, I do like this tank and vape it. Just been way too familiar with the fill process.

Reactions: Gallant
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread