Vandyvape KYLIN V2 RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the KYLIN V2 rta from Vandyvape. The KYLIN V2 rta was supplied for the purpose of this review by Ariel from Vandyvape.

http://vandyvape.com/atomizer/rta/atomiz...in-v2-rta/

Introduction

It seems like a long time ago since the original Kylin and what some referred to as the Kylin 2 which actually was just an updated version of the original which tried to address any issues people had found. I found the original Kylin was great with flavour and although i got the updated version which meant i didn't get major leaking issues it still from time to time would be a little leaky. So here it is the Kylin V2 with top-fill system and interesting bevelled air intake system directing the air to the deck outlets. Enough of the waffle lets give it a look!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Box

Contents:

1 x Vandyvape Kylin V2 RTA
1 x Accessory Bag
1 x Coil Lead Guide
1 x User Manual
1 x 3ml Pyrex Glass Tube
1 x Delrin 810 Drip Tip
1 x 510 Adaptor
1 x Allen Key
2 X Triple fused clapton coils 3.0ID Ni80 0.41ohm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aesthetics

The Kylin V2 RTA came in cardboard sample packaging so will differ to the retail version. I received the Stainless Steel version, it's also available in Rainbow, Gun metal, Matte Black, Gold, Blue and Frosted Grey, all versions come with pre-installed 5ml bulge glass and Resin 810 drip tip. The Kylin V2 is quite a broad but short tank making it beefy looking, the base diameter is 24mm but it tapers out to match the 26mm top section and the bulge glass takes the diameter to 30mm. Both top and bottom of the tank as aesthetically pleasing texturing and the Resin drip tip sitting on top is quite a beauty. There is a small dot to mark where you need to push to open the top fill and the airflow control ring is dual cyclops with stopper. The air chamber that can be easily seen through the glass has "KYLINII" one side and the Vandyvape logo the other. The base see's etched branding and safety stamps and has a hybrid safe Gold plated 510. The overall quality is very good with good machining, threading and tolerances.

KYLIN V2 Specs and Features:

Length: 38.15mm
Diameter: 24mm
Outside diameter: 26mm
Capacity: 3/5ml
G.W(included package): 134g
Bottom bevelled air intake & cambered surface air outlet
The Screw front press coils
Nifty slide out top filling system
Single & Dual coil support
Thread: 510
Colours: Rainbow, Stainless Steel, Gun metal, Matte Black, Gold, Blue, Frosted Grey

It's Various Parts

The Kylin V2 is uncomplicated consisting of the top section which is an all in one piece comprising of the sliding top-cap, juice port and air chamber. The base section which comprises of the airflow inlets, airflow control ring and of course the deck completes the tank with the glass between the two. The glass is sealed in place via o-rings top and bottom and the air chamber screws onto the outside of the deck to securely hold the whole tank together. To remove the glass, just remove the base section then pinch one edge of the glass while pushing up inside the air chamber with your finger and it comes free with no dramas. When refitting the glass instead of fitting the pre-installed 5ml bulge glass their is the included 3ml straight glass option. The pre-installed drip tip is a very nice resin 810 (you can also fit your own), you also get a delrin 810 with sleeve giving it a lower profile and a 510 adaptor.

The Airflow

The airflow control is dual cyclops with stopper which moves with very nice resistance. Below the deck is a piece inserted which is white in colour and appears to be ceramic. This piece actually acts as chambers from your airflow intakes directing the air into the bottom of the deck at an angle so when you look inside the open airflow slot instead of being able to see right through to the opposite slot you can see a White (what appears to be ceramic) wall about 3mm inside. The airflow outlets on the deck consists of 2 lines of 4 holes (8 holes in total) which will be directly underneath your coil/coils. Then we have a ramp both sides, each ramp has 3 angled slots, looking at this deck it doesn't matter whether doing a single build or dual you will get total air coverage of the coil/coils, this looks very promising. The air chamber ceiling is domed and nice and low to encourage flavour further.

Top-Fill

The Kylin V2 has a slide top-fill system which as been executed nicely, there is a little dot on the top-cap which is where you push for the top to slide open with a very smooth movement. It's not a big issue as it's more than acceptable but it could be slightly tighter but then mine is a sample version. The juice port is very generous and not on a grommet, between the air chamber and the top-cap is a solid Stainless Steel plate and the juice port is machined straight into the metal.

The Deck and Build

The deck is a postless design and instead of it being advertised as both a single and dual build deck because it's possible to do a single build, looking at the airflow a single build would work well just don't thin your cotton ends out when doing a single build. I concentrated on a dual build using the supplied triple fused claptons as they looked rather nice. The build is so simple, i used the coil guide to snip the legs to the recommended length then installed one coil at a time the screws are hex and come in at a slight angle from the sides. I loosened the screws, fed my legs into the terminal holes then while holding the coil in place tightened the screws to fix the coil in place. I repeated with the other coil then with a coiling rod just positioned them into the perfect position. when wicking i left my cotton ends slightly longer than normal but gave them a good comb through to thin them out so the shared juice ports didn't get chocked but i also made sure plenty of cotton was in them. That's it! I don't know whether the Kylin V2 is very easy to wick or i just got lucky first time but as i will point out in the next section i had no issues whatsoever.

My Experience Using The Kylin V2

As mentioned i used the supplied coils and the build came out at 0.13 (0.15 on the Proton) which was a bit lower than i was expecting. I have been using the Kylin on various devices including the Proton and Cube (both pictured) over a week period. I don't know how much the bevelled intake has to do with it as atty's that have a series of holes and slots rather than bigger single slots tend to have smooth airflow anyway but the airflow on the Kylin V2 is impressively smooth, whether wide open or closed down. I have atty's that give more air than the Kylin V2 but it gives plenty and i found halfway gave me the normal restricted hit i prefer. This RTA isn't shy with the cloud production but flavour is it's main stay and flavour even when turning the wattage up. I was a bit worried whether i had over wicked it as i went on the heavy side in the juice ports but not a hint of a dry hit it just pumped out the flavour. As mentioned i had the updated version of the original and although i have learned there are a lot of sheep about who make comments based on other peoples comments rather than their actual experience it did become clear their was issues with the original Kylin having leaking issues so this is something i payed attention to. As mentioned i used the Kylin V2 for a good week and had no leaking issues but as a final test 36 hours ago i filled it up and left it just standing up on it's 510 pin, i have just checked and both atty and desk is as dry as a bone, not a drop of moisture in sight.

Very Good build quality
Looks good (objective)
Excellent flavour
Good cloud production
Very smooth airflow
Plenty of air
Top-fill
Good coils included
Coil Guide included
Resin, delrin 810 drip tips
510 adaptor included
5ml capacity
Very easy build
Dual or single build
Suffered no leaking whatsoever

Cons

No TPD version
Top fill could be tighter
Not suitable for MTL (obvious)

I would once again like to thank Ariel from Vandyvape for supplying the Kylin V2 RTA for the purpose of this review.

http://vandyvape.com/atomizer/rta/atomiz...in-v2-rta/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread