Status
Not open for further replies.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
What is the specific name and brand? There is a wide range of vanilla extracts, that can be anything from true bean extracts, to artificial flavor-based.

Grocery store extracts often contain many things, like food coloring and preservatives, that I personally don't have any desire to vape.

I prefer to pay a little more to get my concentrates from a reputable source that caters to vapers. It is certainly no guarantee that it is "safer;" but it is one more layer of possible protection. In my old, addled, simple, mind; there is a reason you don't see most DIY retailers offering common grocery store concentrates.
7072.gif

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Clover Valley is a Dollar General private/proprietary label. In other words; it's re-branded product. Nothing wrong with that; it just makes it difficult to research.

From what you shared, the red flag to me is "vanilla oil." Oils are never great choices for vaping. I would look for a different option.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I would personally not do that, because honestly vanilla flavoring for vaping there are plenty of reasonable options and I wouldn't expose myself to the unknown even for a very slight cost savings and I just think using almost any other vape based option would be smarter.

Labels can say a lot of things and we know little enough about flavoring generally, than to just pick up a (natural or not) extract and try using it. I don't think it's really worth the risk, personally, and even if there is nothing "bad" in them, I don't think I'd feel all fantastic about it.

With that said, your lungs, your body and etc., but I deeply doubt the vanilla manufacturer is going to have a long heart to heart with you about like, what minute quantities of what may be associate with it's manufacture and how that will affect your VAPE, frankly, I rather doubt they would do that.

I can think of unsafer things you could probably do in DIY, but I can also think of many SAFER things you could add to your eliquid, also.

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: Fidola13

Heath54

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2016
Western New York
I would personally not do that, because honestly vanilla flavoring for vaping there are plenty of reasonable options and I wouldn't expose myself to the unknown even for a very slight cost savings and I just think using almost any other vape based option would be smarter.

Labels can say a lot of things and we know little enough about flavoring generally, than to just pick up a (natural or not) extract and try using it. I don't think it's really worth the risk, personally, and even if there is nothing "bad" in them, I don't think I'd feel all fantastic about it.

With that said, your lungs, your body and etc., but I deeply doubt the vanilla manufacturer is going to have a long heart to heart with you about like, what minute quantities of what may be associate with it's manufacture and how that will affect your VAPE, frankly, I rather doubt they would do that.

I can think of unsafer things you could probably do in DIY, but I can also think of many SAFER things you could add to your eliquid, also.

Anna
Anna
Can you recommend a good vanilla?
Thanks
Heath54

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
LOL, I actually CANNOT. I am sensitive to vanillas (and I've tried a few vendors) they make me hoarse. So, I just usually sub out vanillas with like a sweet cream or a Bavarian cream. I wish I COULD recommend one I quite like vanilla flavored things, but I'm sure someone else will be able to recommend one, and there are tons, French vanilla, vanilla plus whatever else.

I know the irony, but I still think (unless it doesn't agree with you) that using a flavor is probably best, and honestly, just check some reviews on vendor sites and/or ask all the other DIYers I'm sure they all have their favorites.

I did not once consider using vanilla extract instead, however. I don't think there is one single flavor that is truly "essential" for me to use, etc.

Anna

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
FS holy vanilla, the holy grail of vanilla lovers
INW shisha vanilla, good all around vanilla
INW vanilla cream, a favorite of many
TFA vanilla swirl, soft serve ice cream
WF tahitian vanilla cream, a thicker richer vanilla swirl type
Cap french vanilla, rich and almost luxurious

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
FS holy vanilla, the holy grail of vanilla lovers
INW shisha vanilla, good all around vanilla
INW vanilla cream, a favorite of many
TFA vanilla swirl, soft serve ice cream
WF tahitian vanilla cream, a thicker richer vanilla swirl type
Cap french vanilla, rich and almost luxurious
Yes, cap french vanilla is nice. So is cap vanilla custard v1. I use both of these and cap vanilla bean ice cream in one of my kustard killer recipies. All 3 of these are really nice vanilla flavors. I make this one for a friend, i make a lemon custard for myself, which im still tweaking percentages on til i get it perfect. In fact, im waiting on another order and ive added a second lemon flavor to the order. Im on to something with this and i promise when i get it PERFECT, ill share the recipie. The first couple batches were very good though and any of these make a great ADV. I just want one so awesome that it'll make ya roll over and beg for more.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Yes, cap french vanilla is nice. So is cap vanilla custard v1. I use both of these and cap vanilla bean ice cream in one of my kustard killer recipies. All 3 of these are really nice vanilla flavors. I make this one for a friend, i make a lemon custard for myself, which im still tweaking percentages on til i get it perfect. In fact, im waiting on another order and ive added a second lemon flavor to the order. Im on to something with this and i promise when i get it PERFECT, ill share the recipie. The first couple batches were very good though and any of these make a great ADV. I just want one so awesome that it'll make ya roll over and beg for more.
I always forget to mention the custards, can't stand the thick mouthfeel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread