Status
Not open for further replies.

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
The main reason is for the manufacturer of said bands to make oodles of money, and secondarily, I think they'll help prevent breakage if you drop the tank. Providing it's a glass tank, of course. Then there's the whole issue of maybe one of the bands says something profound (?) that you agree with and you want everyone to know you think that, so you put that band on your tank. Like, "Vape On." As you can probably surmise, I think they're silly. It's a good IDEA, but they want way too much money for them. If you're worried about dropping and breaking your tank, you can just wrap a regular rubber band around it for free, or you can spend the money to get one of the fancy bands and use that. Me, I don't bother with them. I haven't dropped a tank yet, but if I ever do, and the glass breaks, I have spare glass to replace it with (which probably costs about the same as one of those bands, depending on where you buy it).

~Lannie

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
Oh, yeah, I forgot! WELCOME TO ECF! You'll learn a lot here, trust me. Three months ago I was a green noob, and now I can mostly understand most people's conversations! LOL! Not ALL of them, but most of 'em! ;)

There ARE some little bitty elastic bands you can find at drugstores and Wal-Mart and such, for putting little girls' hair in tiny ponytails... those work great for putting around a tank, say, for reminding you which flavor is in each one. And if you're into bling, you can attach an earring or other little dangly to the elastic band for a bit of pretty. Here's what I did with an old, cheap, plastic earring:

07-23-15 Binkie 03.jpg

I actually really LOVE that bit of dangly bling on there. The elastic bands don't last forever, they get brittle and eventually break after a week or two, but they're so cheap, it's not really an issue. And they come in assorted colors. :)

~Lannie

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
Pretty sure FastTech sells them for like 14/2$... I mean, they might not be the best quality but.. Y'know.

I know a friend who had one because, without the airflow blocked when it wasn't in use, his Orchid would slowly leak juice out of the airflow holes. The vape band actually helped prevent a lot of leakage when the device wasn't in use.

Reactions: SSBR

The_guy1489

Aug 28, 2015
I use a "vape band" on my SMPL mod and derringer set up mainly because I usually stand my mod up and from time to time it will fall over. And I certainly don't want to scratch up my beautiful all white set up. I got mine from a friend who bought 12 of them for $9. Hell i don't even know what it says lol. As far as dropping my tank goes, I've dropped my subtank about 5 times this week off my counter top while building not so much as a crack so that says a bit towards the durability of the glass on them. No bands needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c690c0817471a3632661f0d49d811ac0.jpg
1308cf5f69278b8d8e5daa51e5eb1a2e.jpg

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
I use a "vape band" on my SMPL mod and derringer set up mainly because I usually stand my mod up and from time to time it will fall over. And I certainly don't want to scratch up my beautiful all white set up. I got mine from a friend who bought 12 of them for $9. Hell i don't even know what it says lol. As far as dropping my tank goes, I've dropped my subtank about 5 times this week off my counter top while building not so much as a crack so that says a bit towards the durability of the glass on them. No bands needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c690c0817471a3632661f0d49d811ac0.jpg
1308cf5f69278b8d8e5daa51e5eb1a2e.jpg

you need a longer coil ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread