Vape fails of the week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimmothy

Aug 27, 2014
United States
Happy Sunday; ready for some .....in'!?
So I was excited to receive my first order from Mt. Baker Thursday (how they got my juice from Washington state to South Carolina that quickly I'll never know) and could only wait one day before trying it out. I've mainly been a menthol/tobacco person thus far so it would make sense that I would pick those two to try first. Menthol was fine. Then I tasted their American Tobacco flavor. Holy mother of God. Have you ever been inside a tobacco barn and smelled what that was like? No? Have you ever licked the bottom of a shoe? Me either, but that juice is what I imagine those two things would be like if they mated to create this vapor. That one is going on my shelf of NO.
Then! I'd been waiting impatiently for my new pack of T3S Kanger tanks to arrive, which was slated for Friday. That didn't happen, but no biggie; I saw it had reached the Columbia post office so I knew I'd get them yesterday. When 5:00 rolled around and my mailbox was still empty, I checked the tracking again and this is what it said: Notice left; no secure location available. Um...what?? First of all, no notice was left. Secondly, I have things delivered all the time and what is unsecured about my mailbox and/or front door I do not know. This is in no way the company's fault, but the good old USPS. I'll be looking into that stupidness tomorrow.
Other than that, still loving my MVP, LOVE my fancy juice I got from a great local vendor and all is well.
Sorry for the vent, but I feel so much better now! Hope everyone is having a great weekend.:vapor:

kiele

Sep 1, 2014
Columbia, SC, USA
Welcome to my life Kimmothy! The Columbia and West Columbia post office both suck so bad. They have lost several of my post items and urrrrrrgh!

I got my Mt Baker order too. All o my juices are pretty decent, but I didn't get any tobacco type flavors. I gotta say the Gwar Beefcake juice is incredible, if you like chocolate coffee cake. They sent me Dragon Energy as my free one and it tastes just like Red Bull. So good!

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
Then I tasted their American Tobacco flavor. Holy mother of God. Have you ever been inside a tobacco barn and smelled what that was like? No? Have you ever licked the bottom of a shoe? Me either, but that juice is what I imagine those two things would be like if they mated to create this vapor. That one is going on my shelf of NO.

Keep in mind that Tobacco flavors typically take weeks to develop. If it was freshly mixed it may need some time to "steep". I suggest you revisit it in a few weeks.

Kimmothy

Aug 27, 2014
United States
Welcome to my life Kimmothy! The Columbia and West Columbia post office both suck so bad. They have lost several of my post items and urrrrrrgh!

I got my Mt Baker order too. All o my juices are pretty decent, but I didn't get any tobacco type flavors. I gotta say the Gwar Beefcake juice is incredible, if you like chocolate coffee cake. They sent me Dragon Energy as my free one and it tastes just like Red Bull. So good!

I have heard very, extremely bad things about the W. Cola post office...which kind of really sucks since we are at their mercy! I'm dying to try one of the Gwar juices; I think it's going to have to be Spew, just for the name and color alone. The flavors I have coming now are Green Apple and Pink Champagne and I can't wait to try them!

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
that's truth..MBV American tobacco is awful and doesn't get better with steeping..I like their 555 "tobacco" juice which is a lil mix with caramel/vanilla....and their Butterscotch is great too but not overbearing sweet etc..and neither the 555 or the Butterscotch need steeping and are good to go right out of the bottle..

GraCnT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2012
Staten Island, NY
szot:14094024 said:
that's truth..MBV American tobacco is awful and doesn't get better with steeping..I like their 555 "tobacco" juice which is a lil mix with caramel/vanilla....and their Butterscotch is great too but not overbearing sweet etc..and neither the 555 or the Butterscotch need steeping and are good to go right out of the bottle..

This.. exactly!
Mt. Baker is not known to really have good tobacco juices.... but let our steep...

I like the 555....
I also get the "moo" flavors and I'm happy with them. .
If your into tobacco flavors check in reviews for companies that specializes in them. .. I like Halo for my tobacco juices. ..

The post man probably got lazy and you will get it the next day. ..
Good luck! !

Kimmothy

Aug 27, 2014
United States

Yes...I think the trick for me is to have some kind of mellow flavor in the tobacco - my favorite so far has been a honey tobacco from my local b&m that of course they're no longer selling. But because I love Mt. Baker so much I want to give them another chance with another tobacco so thank you!

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
I agree with the USPS problems, I shipped something from Alabama to Canada. 6-10 days ended up being 14.
But vape related, a juice company put their logo on the package which says "Rum" so USPS flagged it for being "innappropriate" and the guy had to go to the post office it got flagged at to resend it to me. So instead of getting it like Thursday, I'm supposed to get it tomorrow. USPS, is really slacking on shipping lately.

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
Mt. Baker mixes your eliquids when you order them. We have found some to be good for us right out of the mailbox, while others really benefit from steeping. Give your tobacco another try in a few weeks - you may be pleasantly surprised. I really like the GWARY4. I get mainly vanilla/caramel, with a hint of tobacco "flavor" once in a while. The GWAR eliquids that we have gotten have all had some steep time at Mt. Baker before they were shipped to us, so they were all good to go right out of the mailbox.

Welcome to ECF. Have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread