Status
Not open for further replies.

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
I was in Florida last October. I brought along a mod I no longer cared about just to take to the beach (Lava Tube) It lasted fine, but I was careful with it. Kept it dry and the sand off it. It made it through the entire weeks vacation. My phone on the other hand was destroyed on the first day! My advice would be, don't take the Provari! You don't want to worry about electronics getting wet. Like my phone! Get a cheap back up. Or bring a mech.

Glen Snyder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
How safe do you think my russian and provari would be on the beach... I know I'll be wasted and am gonna have to vape... But in the end we know it's not worth ruining my provari... Help? Haha
Get some NJoy kings and keep your setup locked in the hotel safe when you're on the beach is my best advice.

element9633

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2013
Charlotte, NC
For one day? You should be fine as long as you don't drop it in the sand or leave it out for an extended period. I know with my photography equipment, which is more sensitive to the elements, I usually give everything a quick wipe down after. I would recommend keeping it in a pouch or something when not using it.

exactly what I was going to say! I would keep it in a pouch, or maybe a pocket on the side of a bag or cooler if you will have one. I cant see how any problem would arise unless you are negligent and drop it in the sand or have it in your swimsuit pocket and forget its in there before swimming

Glen Snyder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
exactly what I was going to say! I would keep it in a pouch, or maybe a pocket on the side of a bag or cooler if you will have one. I cant see how any problem would arise unless you are negligent and drop it in the sand or have it in your swimsuit pocket and forget its in there before swimming
I've lived in Florida for almost 40 years. Sad to say, but your expensive watches, cameras and PV's are NOT safe on our popular beaches from crews of thieves who will rob you blind in the blink of an eye. For those who have gotten by without being victims, cheers, but it's common.

element9633

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I've lived in Florida for almost 40 years. Sad to say, but your expensive watches, cameras and PV's are NOT safe on our popular beaches from crews of thieves who will rob you blind in the blink of an eye. For those who have gotten by without being victims, cheers, but it's common.

oh geez, I don't live near the beach, so its rare for me to get to go. I can imagine this exact scenario happening though! dang thieves always taking what they cant afford :mad:

MikeChops

Verified Member
Mar 10, 2014
Florida

Fanny pack! :blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread