Vape rig to smoke shatter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jormungand

Aug 9, 2022
Hi, so I've just recently I've set up a pretty serious vape rig. It's in the style of a cloud chaser set up, so think huge plumes of smoke and fat clouds, you know the obnoxious type. However it's not built for vape juice, it's build to handle shatter. For those who arent sure what shatter is, it's a highly concentrated thc resin, that is smoked by vaporizing the resin in a glass dab rig. To achieve this vapour we heated a glass or titanium nail with a blow torch, but its always been hot, very conspicuous, and worst of all, fragile. So I wanted a better solution, and since I was an ex vaper who built serious rigs, I decided that my experience could be very handy, at least in the confidence to .... it up. The general plan was to get a rda and put some low resistance coils in, the mod is saying 0.08 ohm, but that seems really low. Then I got some really nice Clapton coils, and chucked them babies in there. Slight problem. Due to the form factor of shatter, I can't use wicks, nor can I have the coils above the posts. Essentially, I have inverted the coils, and placed them (not touching and shorting) in what would be the traditional juice well.
20220808_154132.jpg
Slight aside the hellvape dead rabbit 3 has a really nice huge juice well, and very convenient meaty posts, that funnily enough you can remove to install coils beneath your posts should you be doing some sketch ...., would recommend for this, just go with smaller coils, like a quad wrap would be perfect. For the mod I went with the lost vape Thelema quest, not sure of quality, was pricy but had a nice feel, and looked quality cause the guy I talked to in the shop had one.
20220808_153103.jpg
I've tried it, I haven't died. In fact it was a really pleasant smoke. I ran it at 35 w just to heat it but not burn it, and thats what felt right, with like 1 set of air holes open for a really rich and full hit that didn't burn, and could be delivered at the push of a button. The shatter melts nicely and wicks to the coils, the smooth metal base allows for a thin pointy dab nail to get in and manipulate the shatter. I'm interested in your feedback, critique, advice. I apologize if I'm in the wrong place, I've been a non vaper for 6 years now, and even then I was much more of the mod and coils for huge plumes crowd.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread