• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vape smell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
A friend of mine is more than happy for me to vape in her car - even with the windows closed. I mainly still vape tobacco flavours & she says the vapour smells a bit like popcorn to her.

As Chillerhippie says, the smell doesn't linger & neither does the vapour :)

AEW830

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2012
Loganville, GA, USA
It seems to be depend on the "smeller". I never smoked in the house, but my husband couldn't stand the smell of cigarettes and the lingering smell of them on my clothes and on me. However, he does not smell the vapor at all when I vape inside but smells vapor in closer quarters like the car. He can't tell what the flavor is, though, and never finds the smell offensive in a vehicle.

On the other hand, I have a friend who can't smell. She couldn't smell smoke lingering on me or in my car, but her lungs could tell, and she'd start coughing and couldn't ride in my car even if it had been hours since I had smoked in it. Now I can visit her and vape, and she will ride in my car when I vape. Her lungs are oblivious. I figure that's a good sign for my lungs as well.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
Mh wife, who never smoked, is happy to give a sniff when I concoct a new DIY. She says it reminds her of her Daddy's pipe tobacco. The scents are not as noticable from more than 5 feet. I literally have to blow it in her face for her to get an idea of the flavor. She never complained about my smoking (pre-e-cig). She loves me like that!

DaveyC

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2012
Rhode Island
Since I am relatively new, I will say. From my limited experience, my strawberry 11mg from TW gives off the strongest fruity smell, but it doesn't last at all, if you wave your hand through it, it is gone in easily 10 seconds. The tobacco flavors I tried when I used my microlite, they lasted a bit longer, but like another user mentioned above, sometimes smelled a bit like popcorn.

So far, no flavor has lingered! Which is one huge pro to vaping opposed to cigarettes. I used to hate the lingering smell of cigarettes!

RosaJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
The Woodlands, TX, USA
I vape inside my apartment, the smell depends on what I'm vaping but it doesn't get absorbed in my clothes much less the walls. However, I moved into my apartment 2 weeks before I stopped smoking myself (and I smoked outside during those two weeks), I am now smelling the old smells from the old tenants who did smoke inside. The carpet was not replaced when I moved in and they've tried to steam cleaning it 4 times as it has pet stains (I don't have pets myself). Needless to say, whenever my daughter, her husband (never smoked in their lives) and I first walk in to the apartment I smell the carpet. Oh well...

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
I vape inside my apartment, the smell depends on what I'm vaping but it doesn't get absorbed in my clothes much less the walls. However, I moved into my apartment 2 weeks before I stopped smoking myself (and I smoked outside during those two weeks), I am now smelling the old smells from the old tenants who did smoke inside. The carpet was not replaced when I moved in and they've tried to steam cleaning it 4 times as it has pet stains (I don't have pets myself). Needless to say, whenever my daughter, her husband (never smoked in their lives) and I first walk in to the apartment I smell the carpet. Oh well...

Sorry for off-topic comment, but to advise you, baking soda. Sprinkle it generously on every inch of carpet. Leave it for a day. Walk on it. Next day, vaccuum. Smell gone!

Back to topic...

KANGAROOSTER

Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
Los Angeles
Certain juices definitely have a scented vape, but they don't tend to linger in my experiences. I had iVapes Grape Drink a while back and it tasted and smelled just like Kool-Aid. My little bro immediately went to the fridge to get his fix LULZ. My girlfriend absolutely HATED the smell of Sweet Caroline too, which was a shame, I love it. Nobody seems to ever notice my menthol vapor though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread