• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

vape stuff in Busan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panga13

Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Thailand
Hi all longtime lurker etc. I found this thread useful in trying to find vape stores in Busan. I went and checked out some places at the weekend so I thought I'd do a report. I speak no Korean and I'll give instructions that reflect that. It will help you greatly if you get a buddy write down/ screenshot the Korean (or a photo) of exactly what you want.

Janty/Ovale

Use this map here to choose your store. If you click on the map it will open a page with a map and phone numbers etc. The map is in Korean but its easy enough to figure out the locations by looking at the subway line. It may help to compare it to a google map of Busan to identify the correct location. All the stores seem to be close to subway stops.

I went to the store near Busan station. It was a bit of a ghost town vibe, but the woman was helpful enough. I bought a joyetech ego charger for 20k won. They also had a range of Ovale products - the elips-c, various ego bits, emini and the evic. The prices were steep (emini was 130k). Additionally they had a fair range of juices which I wasn't interested in as I DIY. Lastly a shelf with various small boxes of adaptors, tanks, etc. They may have had cartos I can't remember. As far as I could tell everything was Ovale branded.

The shop was a bit dusty and next time I'd be inclined to go to the Dongnae branch which is closer to me and looks all new and shiny in the photos.

AEK-sang

This store was located in the underground shopping center between Jungang and Nampo subway stations (closer to Jungang end). It has a bright red/white sign "AEK sang" and all there stuff is in red/white AEK sang boxes. Google reveals nothing about AEK sang. Products - They had Itaste VV in (i think) the basic sets (battery & charger only). They seemed genuine but I did not inspect them that closely. Price was 130k. They also had a few other justfog ecigs such as the cookie. Mainly they seem to push the Just Fog maxi. They have about 20 set up to try with their various juices. I bought a maxi clearomizer (which is awesome vaping but imperfect build quality) for 15k. Replacement heads were 3k each and she offered to fill it for free. I have no idea if its a genuine Maxi clearo (I'd guess it is in Korea), but it is great and I'll be buying more.

-----------------

Conclusions: Good stuff but overpriced. These stores will be useful to get a quick bit of kit (or even juice) in an emergency. For any more serious shopping I'll be using GH1 (delivered in 3 days with no probs) or healthcabin (trying this week). I DIY juice so that is no problem anyway. I do want an itaste vv v3 but I can order the advanced kit with clearos from fasttech for $40 with free delivery so no way would I pay 130k won in Busan.

If anybody has anything to add or experience to share feel free. As an aside, although I've seen a few ecigs around I have also had a few aggressive criticisms of vaping from smokers when they see me. But hey, its Korea, aggressive complaints are par for the course ;)

Peace, Panga

Last edited:

Panga13

Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Thailand
The following weekend and I went to check out another Ovale/Janty store in Dongnae (very close to Suan). A small shop with very little stock. No driptips :( They had about 8 different Ovale flavors at 40k won for 20 ml. No RY4. Needing some juice until my fasttech order arrives I bought some 'cigar' flavor which is pleasant enough. But at 10x the price I can get Liqua/Dekang juice online its gonna be the last time I shop there. FWIW the juice is priced on the Ovale website at $12 US.

Also 2 more ajeossis have bellowed at me when they see the ecig. In a year of smoking analogs here nobody said anything. Odd...

Panga13

Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Thailand
I found a good vape shop in Sajik (busan) yesterday. Its far superior to the ones above in both price and selection.

Location Map This is the precise location of "Green Fog" . Its pretty obvious from the street. Nearest subway is Sajik or Sports Complex.

Run by a nice, knowledgeable lady who helped me browse and sample stuff. She speaks no English but with a pen I could communicate VG, PG, nicotine, %, RY4, etc.

Stocking:
Many different juices such as Hangsen (25k 20ml), Halo (55k 30ml), AEKSang (Ghetto), and a few other brands. I bought some Hangsen RY4 & some 'Daniel' dark chocolate (25k 30ml). I bought the Daniel because it comes in a pretty bottle and tastes good although its a brand I've never heard of. (I later found that have a website daniel-snf.com but it doesn't say much)

A range of sets from ego clones to eclips type, imists etc. I wasn't interested in hardware but I did ask how much for an Innokin Itaste V3. She said 70k for starter kit (1 batt & usb charger) which is a heck of a lot cheaper than the shop in Nampo in the first post. Having said that its not close to the $24 with free shipping that I bought mine for on FastTech.

I'd recommend this shop if you want to browse in a B&M or if you need stuff in an emergency. It is a lot cheaper & better stocked & has better staff than the other stores. That said if you know what you want (esp hardware) then use fasttech (see next post).

Panga13

Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Thailand
As well as B&Ms I have made a few orders online from Chinese-based suppliers. I would strongly recommend this option for hardware (except cartos) . I also buy liquid although they carry less brands

Greenhouseone : My first two orders. Delivered in 3-4 days. Ego batteries were average & overpriced, clearos appear to be genuine, juice was no-brand and is pretty gross tbh. I would only use these guys for Cartos which tbh I don't really use

Fasttech: the new love of my life: Crazy cheap for batteries, mods, atomiseres (mostly clones but do have real Kangers etc). Cartos are low quality. Real Hangsen, Dekang & Liqua juice for approx $2 per 10ml. Active forums & reviews so you can tell what products are good. Delivered in 8 days. All the juice has been good genuine stuff. I have a genuine Itaste VV V3 which was $24. The best bit: free shipping worldwide. Strongly recommended.

Reactions: Jeboi

Panga13

Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Thailand
Vapeshop in Jangjeon Busan

Found a great looking site on the interweb. Not visited it yet but it seems like a proper vape store - AW & efest batteries, kanthal, some rbas & mods as well as the usual vape shop stuff. I need to get some AWs so I will update here when I have been and viewed the actual shop.

Map

Contact details & address (in Korean)

The online store is here

And here is a picture of the location data=VLHX1wd2Cgu8wR6jwyh-km8JBWAkEzU4,ITAroQCjVZO4yEt-ZKVa0c5NKY0RJoa9vBVyurFbfHbRl2C-hQ2hgWq5z9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread