Vape Tastes Different Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Smoke

Jan 31, 2019
Have been vaping Prime vaping's "Natural Virginia NET" through a vaporesso Baby Cascade w/ cCell ceramic. On a fresh coil its a sweet and pleasant flavor. Just cranked up my new Dead Rabbit RTA (dual coil SS316, 26ga, 6 wraps, 2.5mm id, 0.26 ohm, rayon wick). And it doesn't taste the same. The sweetness is gone and its a decidedly darker flavor. Other build facts: TC Mode; .0092 TCR; 340F; 50W max and it needs a few hits to ramp up to full density. Your thoughts please.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Sounds like a normal experience to me. It is not at all uncommon for different attys to create different flavor perception.

You have LOTS of variables going on there:
coil material, design, and resistance
wicking material
chamber size and shape
wattage/temperature
airflow

All of these can, and do, influence flavor perception. :)

ArazelEternal

• Mar 19, 2019
    Madison, WI
    I dont know anything about RTAs, but I know different coils can change the way a liquid tastes. Mesh coil vs others can make a difference in the way the same liquid tastes. Different wattages and temps can make a difference too. Like for instance a lower wattage will bring out some flavors and a higher wattage can make some other flavors more apparant. I know that for rebuildables, the type of wire (material), gauge, wick and other things can influence the way something tastes as well. There are a lot of variables. I would try playing around with wattages and temps.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Have been vaping Prime Vaping's "Natural Virginia NET" through a Vaporesso Baby Cascade w/ cCell ceramic. On a fresh coil its a sweet and pleasant flavor. Just cranked up my new Dead Rabbit RTA (dual coil SS316, 26ga, 6 wraps, 2.5mm id, 0.26 ohm, rayon wick). And it doesn't taste the same. The sweetness is gone and its a decidedly darker flavor. Other build facts: TC Mode; .0092 TCR; 340F; 50W max and it needs a few hits to ramp up to full density. Your thoughts please.

As ID Joel said, your just tasting your juice..

your using SS, which gives a nice clean flavor, and of course likely a premium wicking material.

So.. your just tasting your juice...

If you don't like the flavor of that particular juice in the RTA, then use that juice in the tank you enjoy how the flavor comes across.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread